My next motorcycle?

Douglas

"Ardbeg Man"
Ride
2010 Rocket Roadster with Jardines 2006 Kawasaki Concours
Hey Folks...I will be spending 3 weeks next summer touring around the Canadian Maritime Provinces with my sister (Proudly a Triumph rider!) and decided after checking out rental prices that it would be cheaper to buy a bike and leave it with her when I return back to Alaska and my Rocket.

On a budget, so I cant just go all out and get an R3T, and besides I will only be riding this bike occasionally when I visit NH. Here is what I narrowed it down to...any comments, likes or dislikes are welcome and very appreciated

1998 BMW R1100 RT, 53k miles, $3500
2006 Kawasaki Concours, 33k miles, $3000
1996 Triumph Trophy, 19k miles, $2800

All three bikes are in (if we are to trust the photos and narratives) great shape with all updated maintenance, hard shell bags and fairings/shields. My local dealer speaks highly of the BMW but I am leery of the reputed, difficult to access battery.

Got a friend with the concourse; he absolutely loves it. Seems to be pretty solid, his is only about 5 years old, but easily double that mileage.
Hate to say it,but I wouldn't look at the trophy. 18 years old, 19k miles; that bikes done a lot of sitting, which is usually not good.

Hey Folks...I will be spending 3 weeks next summer touring around the Canadian Maritime Provinces with my sister (Proudly a Triumph rider!) and decided after checking out rental prices that it would be cheaper to buy a bike and leave it with her when I return back to Alaska and my Rocket.

On a budget, so I cant just go all out and get an R3T, and besides I will only be riding this bike occasionally when I visit NH. Here is what I narrowed it down to...any comments, likes or dislikes are welcome and very appreciated

1998 BMW R1100 RT, 53k miles, $3500
2006 Kawasaki Concours, 33k miles, $3000
1996 Triumph Trophy, 19k miles, $2800

All three bikes are in (if we are to trust the photos and narratives) great shape with all updated maintenance, hard shell bags and fairings/shields. My local dealer speaks highly of the BMW but I am leery of the reputed, difficult to access battery.

Go with the Concours HANDS DOWN - IMHO.

The Concours as of 2006 had a 20 year model history backing it up, it was the last production year. It shined in all the mag tests, except for the fact that its design was a bit outdated already.
if I were you, I'd clearly take it - no doubt. Good, reliable bike and much newer than the others.

I think the Connie will be your best bet of these three bikes. However, have you considered just riding there? Yes I know you'd be crossing the continent at the widest part, but you would have more fun and if you ride hard you can get there in 3 days without too much distress...

I think the Connie will be your best bet of these three bikes. However, have you considered just riding there? Yes I know you'd be crossing the continent at the widest part, but you would have more fun and if you ride hard you can get there in 3 days without too much distress...
Alaska to Nova Scotia is approximately 5000 miles! 5 days would be a heck of a feat.

Back