Mods for idiots ( Well --- me)

Ishmael

Supercharged
Looks like I'm finally gonna get time to install my K&Ns under the bearclaw and my jardines.

Is there anywhere on the site that gives a stepwise guide to follow ( not necessarily in great detail ) for installation?

E.g.
1 Lift tank
2 Remove bear claw
3 etc
4 etc
5 Have cigarette

15.5 stick atmosphere thingo here

27.75 remove O2 sensor

48.9 fit crankcase breather filter ?

61.3333 POLISH NEW BUCKLES yay !
etc. etc. etc.

I guess all the info is here in different spots but a checklist type guide would be great.
Thanks in advance

I followed that link myself and it was very simple. I didn't remove the O2 sensor because I fitted a Dobec instead of a PCIII and that obviated the need.

HellFire stuck his temp sensor into the front filter, which is probably a better way to go than putting the little filter on it and have it hand nearby, which I've done. Some have stuck in the top of the filter and others through the side. That said, I'm not aware of any problems with having it just sit there, except of course it's probably in a slightly warmer air flow (but presumably not significant while you're moving).

Are you yanking the secondaries as well? Pretty easy to do and worthwhile unless you're going to 'tune' them open.

The crank breather's a bit of a fiddle to get to but not too difficult. I'm told by my dealer it can fill with oil over time and therefore could drop a little on the ground. In other words, don't be alarmed without checking.

As for Jars, can't help but if they prove to be too hard I can send you my address and will try them on my bike. :D

Not clever enough to try to tune the secondaries open so I reckon I'll yank them.
Still haven't had time to do the bloody job coz work is a curse.
I could send you the jars , or not :D

Well you talked me into it Ishmael.... I have ordered everything to do mine. I have a question or two so I will go over here

Link Removed

to ask questions.

Back