Mods affect warranty??

I never have a problem but i never ring either i go in and front them where they cant hide behind a phone and bassically tell them what is going to happen they know im serious ;)

My friggin Gawd so It was only the tappet gasket, That is pathetic $300 for that you have to be kidding I replaced my tappet gasket when put the Chrome Rocker cover on and it took 1/2 an hour tops, He is Profiteering and ripping you off, and if it "is a recurring problem then it would have started recurring before you did your mods and one of the mating surfaces is faulty so they should either replace the head or rocker cover or both, but to be honest if he had put the gasket in properly last time it should have had gasket sealant near cam journal ends and the gasket is designed to fit quiet well so they must have botched it up or did they reuse the old gasket? last time
Don't let him get away with it tell him you are a Ulysses member and there would be a lot of triumph owners that would be interested in this capper, especillaly after he talked triumph into dis honouring the claim. Richard if this is not resolved I will Ring chris and tell him why I chose to travel further to Nowra for my dealer

Interesting. I find it especially interesting in as much as the internal design of the engine produces very little fluctuation in crankcase pressure (which is caused by changing mass within the cases and to a lesser extent by blowby past the rings).

The only time an R3 engine would exhibit fluctuating crankcase pressure is if it had a holed piston..... and you'd know that.:)

Here in the States, the Magneson-Moss AZct of 1975 basically bars any dealer or OEM from disallowing a warranty claim based on aftermarket parts additions on lubricants so long as the lubricant meets the OEM specification or the addition of parts or assemblies in no way compromises the basic mechanics of the engine as delivered from the OEM.

I just let the Tiger within this Big Ol' ***** Cat come out to Play if they even hint of not compliying

I think you've been reading my mail for along time maybe even stalking me in secret, think so much alike. The missus says I'm just a big softy, with a short fuse.

And yes for sure mate, now and then the big cat has to be let out and play, it's so good for the *****'s temperament and satisfaction with the strain of day to day living rotflmfao.

Richard if they give you to much **** I wouldn't hesitate to come down and give you a hand.;)

Thanks all. The thing about it was I simply couldn't understand why this dealer seemed so determined to make me pay for it. They organised the warranty approval last time without me even asking. Just confusing. Plus I would have done it myself had I known how simple it was - except for the fact it was their stuff up. All good now.

Thanks all. The thing about it was I simply couldn't understand why this dealer seemed so determined to make me pay for it. They organised the warranty approval last time without me even asking. Just confusing. Plus I would have done it myself had I known how simple it was - except for the fact it was their stuff up. All good now.
Trying to give himself a Chrissy Bonus as apart from the fact that the repair price he quoted is way more than Iwould think you should have to pay for just a Rocker cover Gasket replacememt and as a warranty repair Triumph probally don't pay the labour component on such a simple job:rolleyes:

Back