Mods affect warranty??

Canberra3, from my experience the only time a warranty claim can be denied because of modifications is if it can be proved beyond doubt that the modification did cause or contributed to a particular part failing and that is many cases is very difficult to prove.

As matter of interest why was the head gasket replaced on your Rocket, my Roadster has three times over 6500km pushed out coolant from the coolant bottle but the motor never seemed to be hot.
There was a bad batch of head gaskets which have been found to have been in 07 and 08 model bikes Richard's is the only 09 that I know of but his is an early 09 so must have one of the last the bad batch gaskets, your coolant issue is I think not related but I would be ringing Chris if you are not having any luck with your dealer, Chris's number is in post #3;)

That's right mate. Not a coolant issue. It was actually seeping a little oil. Problem today was the rocket gasket but after I dropped it off this morning they told me it was the head gasket again. All's well that ends well but I have to say if it wasn't for Hanso it wouldn't be OK.

I must say i have found little use for Triumph dealers other than a place to buy a new bike.Like to take your money and give you a hard time ,I think they think we are a bunch of sad bastards that have to run to them for help and if we do the work ourselves they shaft us .I got the sorry No from my dealer , Took it to the top and guess what,They looked after me . Triumph will help if you can get past the dealer.Dont give up till you have talked to the Man.

Sad part is that these guys seemed to bend over backwards last time and got Triumph to cover it without my even asking. Always been friendly and I'd have to say pretty helpful and accommodating. For whatever reason, this time they seemed to be trying really hard to get me to pay for it - and then all of a sudden completely changed. Gonna be hard to trust them in the future.

Good old Hanso he really is a champ . Hey my rocket is a 09 model and no probs so far ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ahh you guys make my heads swell, I have never had problem I stumbled across his number while wanting info about parts had a chat with him liked his attitude... very helpfull told me to ring if I ever had a problem.:cool:cool guy.
the head gasket was only ever causing oilweeps very slight leaks externally:D

And by the way, if I'd known the problem was as straight forward as it was, and if these guys hadn't done the previous work, I'd never have gone there. Problem looked the same as last time and they told me is was the same as last time. I felt they'd not done the job properly - which I still reckon was the cause of it.

It really was worth riding that piece of crap today just to get that holy sh*t feeling again this arvo. :D

Back