maverickcustoms- lowrider seat

sds

.040 Over
Ride
2014 R3R,
I saw this seat listed on ebay and was wondering if anyone had any dealings with this company, or better yet actually tried the seat in question.
I currently have a corbin fastguns seat on my 2014 rocket3 roadster. It is a better height for me than the stock seat, but if I could get a bit lower it would be even better.
Thanks in advance for any input. sds

I have one on my bike. It is nice and low and I find it firm yet comfortable. The only issue is all fittings which attach the existing seat get removed and this one gets bolted from underneath via access between the rear Tyre and guard. I have minimal gap due to lower shocks and bigger Tyre (Exceedra max) so it was a ***** to access. I have yet to remove it for maintenance which I am sure will be a interesting task. I do have pics on my profile of this.

Looks good. That exhaust I have seen before but I can't recall where, it do remember thinking "oh my god that is a lot of money for a triple tip slip on", that I do remember.

If it is a lower seat, and doesn't fasten with the OEM system, then make sure that the airflow to the filter is still okay if you have the OEM filterbox and plumbing. The PITA of having to remove the seat from underneath the guard would be enough to kill it for me.

I recall someone had huge problems with the seat and that the dealings with the supplier were far from satisfactory. If I can find the thread I'll post it.

Thank you for all the input. After reading about the actual dealings with the company and their product, I believe I will steer clear. I would however really like to get a bit lower. I am about 5'7" , and with the corbin seat with the nose job I am not having issues. I would however not be comfortable with anyone on the back of the bike if I could not stand flat on both sides at a dead stop. sds

Back