Looking at coming back.....

Buzzz

.040 Over
Hi Guys,

Well, just like many do, I sold my last Rocket thinking I wanted something else only to find myself right back here looking again. I'm selling the new bike which is really bad ass. Its a Ducati Diavel. But, I have a new lady in my life now and I really want something we can safely cruise with lots of power. Nothing else works except the Rocket. Here's my dilemma. This time I'm gonna buy a brand new bike. We are really close to the 2015 models being released (I hope) and I'm thinking I should wait and see if any changes will be made for the new model. I have looked and looked and can't find one single thing about the 2015 Rocket III. Has anyone heard anything? I'm not in that big of hurry to buy and will wait a couple months if I need to. Let me know what you think.

Buzzz

If you wait till the 2015 models are released, then you may have a choice of a new 2015 at full price or a 2014 at several thousand off. Of course, if there are no 2014 models left, then you will have missed your chance of a good discount. Depending where you live, you may find a dealer getting hungry in the colder months.

My local dealer has no stock. They say they may be able to find one for me. Is it normal for the price to jump even with no changes?

My local dealer has both a flat black/white stripes R3R, and a gloss black/red R3T.

Both are new '14's.

I bought a NOS '12 R3R last year from him (off the showroom floor) and got $4500.00 off.

Last edited:
That's exact the choice I had to make.. Diavel or Rocket. I chose Rocket. The problem in NZ is that no one has any in stock so I have to wait for the next shipment. I envy you guys who can stroll down to your local dealers.

My local dealer has no stock. They say they may be able to find one for me. Is it normal for the price to jump even with no changes?
YUP. The price will be fixed relative to the pound (I guess) based on expected currency rate changes over the coming year.

And if supplies are kept low - it's a sellers market. Mfrs are starting to realise that over-production hurts them.

Look for a good used one with low mileage.

Ok. This is what I'm looking at. Not many 2014's left out there. The local dealer says there will be no changes on the 2015 models except the price. Now, lets just hope another dealership will negotiate with them.

Attachments

• Bike.jpg
    Bike.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 0
Back