Awallace

Standard Bore
Ride
57 Rocket III Classic
Hi all,
New to the site and my first post on here, so be gentle with me :)

I have just bought some LED indicators for my Rocket.....along with a flasher unit to solve the rapid blinking if needed.
The main idea is to free up the back mud guard to expose more of the lovely big back tyre.....I already have a side mounted number plate, complete with lights etc, and I plan on leaving the brake light where it is.
I have sorted out the mounting of the rear indicators, but am having problems with the front ones, due to the angle of the existing brackets that mount the standard indicators.
My solution is to get a couple of brackets made up and chromed locally, which will be fine, but I just wanted to check and see if any of your guys have an alternative solution.....or have possibly done this before.
I know its not a big job, but I want it done right, and to look good, so all ideas welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Andy

Brackets round the forks work well. I also have some small driving lights on brackets mounted to my front dresser bar and have thought about putting indicators there instead (but must one of the few people who don't mind the look of the stockers. They are 'just' indicators.........).
Ponters mounted his (which I have to say look amazing) to the radiator shroud.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,
New to the site and my first post on here, so be gentle with me :)

I have just bought some LED indicators for my Rocket.....along with a flasher unit to solve the rapid blinking if needed.
The main idea is to free up the back mud guard to expose more of the lovely big back tyre.....I already have a side mounted number plate, complete with lights etc, and I plan on leaving the brake light where it is.
I have sorted out the mounting of the rear indicators, but am having problems with the front ones, due to the angle of the existing brackets that mount the standard indicators.
My solution is to get a couple of brackets made up and chromed locally, which will be fine, but I just wanted to check and see if any of your guys have an alternative solution.....or have possibly done this before.
I know its not a big job, but I want it done right, and to look good, so all ideas welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Andy
I like you freed up the rear by putting smaller ones up either side of my numberplate which has been relocated up above the tail-light but seeing as I liked the front ones, I simply got clear lenses and got orange flashing LED replacement globes (no colour when not flashing) and yes you will need to use a electronic flasher.
If you don't like the standard front ones I would be inclined to piss the whole indicator mount off and do some thing like Ponters as they really do look awesome as does the whole customising package he has done to his bike

I feel the stock front signals look stupid
When one was broken off by an accidental bump from my brother's ass, I $hit canned them.
My signals are in my mirrors. They work well, can be seen from front and rear and also help me not to forget to cancel.

Mine self cancel, you in the stone age Bull?

No, I actually have a Kisan signalminder" sitting on my desk in front of me that I haven't figured out how to install.
The connections do not appear to fit anything under the saddle on my R3R.

No, I actually have a Kisan signalminder" sitting on my desk in front of me that I haven't figured out how to install.
The connections do not appear to fit anything under the saddle on my R3R.
I fitted one a while back it was a bit of a fiddle but was set up it is good value i set them for 10 sec as as soon as you apply brakes the timer pauses also I now have Hazard lights for those times you stop on side of road to help someone that's broken down (hardly) etc.
follow the instruction also to disable the all flash when braking and fill the extra wire ports as well as the little wire plug with Dielectric grease ( I was a bit heavy handed while hosing down after washing the when I got home from Phillip Island / Tassie tripp .... it went crazy:eek: .... :Dquite funny now but a worry at the time.
if you need help Steve let me know and I'll detail the fitting instruction in a more sensible simplified form for you, they were a bit cryptic now that I think of it

Last edited:
I fitted one a while back it was a bit of a fiddle but was set up it is good value i set them for 10 sec as as soon as you apply brakes the timer pauses also I now have Hazard lights for those times you stop on side of road to help someone that's broken down (hardly) etc.
follow the instruction also to disable the all flash when braking and fill the extra wire ports as well as the little wire plug with Dielectric grease ( I was a bit heavy handed while hosing down after washing the when I got home from Phillip Island / Tassie tripp .... it went crazy:eek: .... :Dquite funny now but a worry at the time.
if you need help Steve let me know and I'll detail the fitting instruction in a more sensible simplified form for you, they were a bit cryptic now that I think of it

Thanks Mate!
I'll get on it in the next week.

Back