LED Headlights - Daymaker - 5.75" on Rocket Roadster

1olbull

Riding Motor Since 1950
Ride
2012 R3R "Kong" - 2011 R3R "YurMama"
These are the results of light meter testing regarding the Daymaker headlights (two 5.75") on a Rocket Roadster. The testing was done pursuant to accepted protocol. Note: Testing is done using low beam settings. The horizontal zero is located at the left side of the vehicle, therefor the actual center of the headlights beam would be to the right of center.

The Daymakers exceeded 250 feet! Unable to measure actual distance due to limitations of testing area. Other motorcycles tested to date (four) were with H7-H11 bulbs. They resulted in 123 feet recognition distance for moderate gray contrast objects and just 55 feet for dark contrast objects

Daymakers-on-Triumph-R3R.jpg

I paid $460 each for mine from Morgan and Wacker in Newstead Brisbane, I will find the part number and post it later

I was going to buy them from the US but for the sake of a bit extra coin I decided to support a local business + plus I can go back to them if I have any issues.

Note that JW-Speaker (who make the Daymakers for Harley) now make some 12V only versions of their 8630. The Original 8630's were multivoltage. As a result the 12V only 8630 are MUCH CHEAPER - About half the old 8630 price.

Back