Keyless Fuel Cap

R3Tex

Living Legend
Ride
'13 Rocket III Roadster
I am about to install a keyless ignition on one of my Rockets and have about decided that the fuel cap needs to go as well (so I don't do like @Steel does all the time and leave the key stuck in whichever slot he used last). I know that there were several models put forward on one of the keyless ignition threads, but d@mned if I can find it now. Anybody got any ideas? @1olbull ?

Edit: A flush mount would be nice

I think a Sprint one is the same, at least for the Standard and Classic, if you are looking on FleaBay. It has been while since I bought mine.

If you have a dual seat then the lock can be held open with a cable tie, then you just use the back latch to keep it on. Another alternative is to get a choke cable and hook it up to the lock latch. Nobody will think that the choke will undo the seat.

True enough, but being unable to get the seat off and being stuck in the middle of nowhere because I can't put gas in it are two entirely different problems
You might be able to replace the seat lock with a pull ring or a knob to turn - just ideas

I am about to install a keyless ignition on one of my Rockets and have about decided that the fuel cap needs to go as well (so I don't do like @Steel does all the time and leave the key stuck in whichever slot he used last). I know that there were several models put forward on one of the keyless ignition threads, but d@mned if I can find it now. Anybody got any ideas? @1olbull ?

Edit: A flush mount would be nice

Morris,
I be installing one of DEcosse's new PDM60 kits right now and it's the bomb!
OK, my brother, Dan is doing all the work.
I'll have it at RAA X or you could PM @DEcosse.

Back