Key not authorized to be used with bike serial number

Yeah the real way I finally got it to start "talking" to my ecu, was when it popped up the box that asked if I wanted to recover from a lost download, I clicked yes. And voila, is the status bar came up and it started talking to the ecu, after it did that I was able to load the tune I wanted. I made some adjustments on the tune and am playing around with some of the other tunes that Pig has saved on his trading tunes thread.

(Edit) Just went down and got my 18mm oil drain plug, they have them at NAPA. Part number 704-1037 Metric Drain Plug 18mm X 1.5. My Ace Hardware did not have one and Autozone was a bust also. I am going to try to get this buttoned up tonight and will load a tune and let you know my impressions of the Tuneboy, I am sure it is going to be positive like everyone else on here has been.

It is an exercise in patience, on both yourself, and the great members on here, for putting up with the dumb questions, lol.

The thing I found that gave me the most trouble was retrieving the ecu, and putting the key in. Where it asks for the key, is not where you put the key :confused:.

You have to save that in the properties box. I am not even sure why they have the other box in the program as it gave me nothing but headaches. Live and learn.

Thanks again for all your help

Shane

Last edited:
Back