Key not authorized to be used with bike serial number

liquidsmile

Supercharged
anyone here ever had that problem? I copied and pasted the ecu numbers from the tune edit to newr3.com, and then did the same thing with the key they sent me, and tuneboy says that it is not authorized to be used with the bike serial number. Whats up with that? Anyone.

I emailed Wayne from tuneboy, but if he lives in Australia, is that right, it is only like 9 am on Sunday there.

Just curious if anyone else has run into this.

I tried uninstalling the software, the I reinstalled it, still getting the same thing.

I hope this is not a sign of things to come...

Shane

You say you're entering the Serial Number. Once you've retrieved the Serial Number (prior to emailing it for the software key) you shouldn't have to enter it again. If for some reason its not there, I'd follow the process for retrieving it from the ECU again. Then, go to the Properties screen, enter the Key New3R sent you in the New Key field and hit the Add button. After that, hit the Save button.

Its not unusual for Wayne to answer email on Sunday, so you might get lucky.

I think I am understanding what you are saying, but just to make sure... With the tune edit I have gone to the tools option, with the cable attached to my bike ignition switch on, in run position, not started. Clicked the "get ecu serial number" click that, the little box appears with the info, copy and pasted that to newr3.com. Brent sent me the "key" I then copy and pasted the key into the box below where it shows the ecu numbers for the bike and I hit OK.

I did not hit the add key button I will try this.

I am trying this and all it keeps doing is recycling, initialiasation string sent. It flashes and keeps doing this. Its flashes between this and copy 2. I have not seen a save function yet for this.

Yeah I would say this is a possiblity except I copy and pasted everything. Right now it is just initialisation is sent, over and ever in the bottom corner of the tuneboy tune edit. :mad:

Shane

The key gets entered into the 'Properties' screen. It has the word 'Properties' at the top followed by a large white box labeled 'Software Keys'. Below that large white box is a small, one line, white box labeled 'New Key'. You enter the key you received in the email in that small box and hit the 'Add' button. You should then see your key appear at the top of the large white box. Then hit the 'Save' button. After that you should be able to open the tune of your choice and Download it to your bike.

When I check my download log it is just cycling through the initilsation string sent, over and over and over..

Ok I am looking for the properties screen not seeing it but I will try to tell you what I have done from the beginning.

When I started this, I followed a post from the .com website, basically I dl'd the disc, plugged in the cable and installed the drivers. I then clicked on the tune edit, the one that looks like the graph paper, went on from there to load tunes, I selected the rocket 3 with aftermarket pipes and cat delete as these were the stock files that were on the disc. Chose that, it is tune number 20228, I know this is not the right tune for the bike but it says to pick any tune so I did. After I picked the tune it pulled up the page that had the graphs on it with the selectable F1 and L1, Trim Tabs and everything else. On this page I went to the tools and selected the get ecu serial number. After I got the ecu serial number I followed the steps that I outlined in the first part of this topic. Now I have put in the key multiple times, and keep getting the same results, key not authorized, however...
After I tried this with hitting add, instead of Ok, it then started it initialisation string sent, I have not seen a properties box.

Sorry guys,

Shane

I just found the properties box..
I am an idiot
I will try from here, how do I know if it has gone through. Once it is saved I guess I am good to go. Bike is on, now I guess I just need to dl the right tune for it, save it and put it on the bike, right?

Thanks

Shane

Last edited:
Isn't progress great...

Yup, now you just select and download from Wayne's site the tune that matches your bike, connect the cable to the bike, turn on the key, start Tune Edit, open the tune you want, and hit 'Download'.

On mine for some reason the first time I hit 'Download' it will occasionally not connect. If it does that, just stop the process and start again. The first time you load a tune it seems to take much longer than subsequent tunes. When the download is complete you should hear the fuel pump cycle on and off. Turn off the key, wait a few seconds, turn it on and start the bike. With any luck it will run :D

Back