K&N High Flow Air Box Elimination Kit

USMC-R3

.040 Over
Has anyone installed the K&N High Flow Air Box Elimination Kit on the new roadster? Just wondering if it would still fit as apparently it is only listed as fitting up to an 09. Would also like to know if it makes a noticeable difference. Any info appreciated.

can't speak for anybody else,
but I like my 3 K&N's.
(5 actually)
them dang crickets chirp quit a bit but after awhile, you don't notice em much.
Back to the question of "noticeable improvement in performance"
I'd like to think so, but the BIGGEST bang for my buck
came from the GiPro w/ATRE.
mine ain't a roadster tho,
so the crickets might not chirp for you.

Even if you have a gear position indicator like on the Roaster, there is no comparison in performance than simply having that 7% built in power reduction (training wheels) removed by the GiPro and throttle plates. What a thrill to have a first gear with all the power and torque the bike is capable of at your disposal. Gotta love it!
Once you get every gear equal, everything else is just for show. lol (not really:D)

I can't imagine anything a filter company could do to sell a "kit" that is better than just slapping a filter on each hole. If you don't like the noise, then a big filter under the tank. Really, what else is there?

That kit cracks me up ... it's been here on this site for years ... it's even been modified for a single "small" filter so that the probe goes back into the airflow. Well, I guess someone had to at least try to make money from it. :rolleyes:

Has anyone installed the K&N High Flow Air Box Elimination Kit on the new roadster? Just wondering if it would still fit as apparently it is only listed as fitting up to an 09. Would also like to know if it makes a noticeable difference. Any info appreciated.
I would like to see some pictures of this installed, and if you dont mind what will it all cost«É I already have a PC3

Quite an old thread you dug up there, Corey. :)

I think the go-to solution these days to achieve this is the Ramair. There were issues with that in the very first generation, the filter was smooth on the inside instead of properly notched to slip over the intakes, which caused some of them to shred/get cut apart when tightened down hard. However, Ramair recently came out with a mark 2, that is properly contoured and so far I haven't heard of any failing. Which is nice, since I just installed one.

From all accounts, it performs similarly to small triple K&N's under the bearclaw, but slightly worse than three giant K&N's that require you to cut the bearclaw to expose the filters.

Back