OhLordyMyKnees

Half Squid, One Quarter Adult, One Quarter Lost
Ride
08 VFR800, 02 CBR1100XX
Hello all;

I'm a sporty bike rider looking to transition to cruisers, but not yet ready to retire to a Harley... Been looking at the Roadster vs. M109R. Leaning toward the Roadster... anyway, I'm selling my VFR (anyone interested?), working on piecing a turbo kit together for the 1100 :cool:, and if that doesn't pan out :banghead:, I'll likely end up selling it and pulling the trigger on a cruiser. So I'm here, just not posting much. Especially lurking in the classifieds and modifications forums.

Have a good one. :)

Hello Lordy Knees and welcome from VA. If you ride the M109 and any Rocket back to back, I think you will find that the big Suzuki doesn't hold a candle to the Triumph. I did and that was my impression. The Rocket turns in better, excellerates harder and is more comfortable to ride for long hours. Good luck

G'day and welcome. Go to your local Triumph dealer and take a test ride - and take your check book. Then you can fit the turbo (or supercharger, or other high power kit) to the RIII and stop messing around with all the other stuff.

Welcome to the forum, there are some Rockets here in the forum that will eat a sports bike for lunch, and they look stock, ask the carpenterized guys :):D

Welcome to the forum. I actually had an M109R for 5 years before buying my Rocket Roadster. The M109R is a great bike. The only complaints I have about it are its a little "Cheap" it has a lot of plastic parts that bounce around, not very well painted... but it has a lot of accessories available and its very very easily customizable. The Rocket on the other hand is a much more quality machine, higher technology, ABS, ETC... Its a lot taller then an M109R but handles extremely well for such a heavy bike. It does have really good acceleration and overall comfort is a lot more then the 9. I feel the 9 gets a lot more attention from other people when you ride, the Rocket no one really notices but then again who cares, just enjoy and ride...

I see your getting some good opinions already and I must agree just get rid of those pogo stick you have and get the Rocket.
As for adding goodies to make even more power Ian is right you can add a turbo or supercharger kit plus other goodies for massive horse power :D

The Millennium Falcon.JPG

or you could keep her looking more like a stocker with some accessories for touring like bags and such, and yet keep her at a moderate 243 HP :)

P1240068 (2).JPG

Either way I think you will find the Rocket is like no other bike.

I agree with Triumphs statement "Go Your Own Way"

I just like to Go My Own Way Faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look for the opportunity take one out for a spin. I'm sure you'll find that's it's more than you expect. That's always the way it goes. There's 'First Ride' thread floating around. You should pop in there and see what it is about this monster that appeals to all of us.

Besides...being able to say you're a Rocket Captain to your other riding buddies is just so bad-ass.

welcome from Arizona. good lurking
once your see the picture your hooked so you have to ride it then you have to decide the color.
show us the picture when you get it.:):)

First things first, OhLordy... Welcome to the site from New jersey.

Next; There is absolutely no reason to waste your time comparison shopping, because there are no valid comparisons.

Lastly; You can have your cake (240+ RWHP -190 ft lbs. TQ - all mechanical/NA) and eat it, too, so enjoy the ride!

Add about $1500-$2000 for the Brute exhaust system and you're King of the Road for about 8 grand total cost: http://www.carpenterracing.com/sbp_TRIII.htm

Back