joey fletcher

My Son's Bike
Ride
Recliner
I removed the baffels from my Jardines yesterday

Going to change some of the rapping and put them back :eek:

Not much hurts my ears, but they did..turned the ol Girl hard.... up around 7200 rpms in 3 rd gear....and I felt pain in my left ear wearing a full cover helment.

Now that was loud!!

Thinking about unwrapping the glass from the tube and cutting it in half and just wrapping half of the tube. leaving half of the tubes holes open

What ya think???

Joey I have a r3t and run the Jars without the baffels but I'm death pert near but did slip just the baffel with not glass on it in to see how it sounded few friends said it sounded good I just dont want to have to tune it agian so I left them out let us know what ya do good luck

I removed all the glass from my Jar baffles and drilled some larger holes in the restrictor discs. They have a meaner, lower tone. Not too loud idling but Gawd when you open it up it will hurt. I like em.

Not much hurts my ears, but they did..turned the ol Girl hard.... up around 7200 rpms in 3 rd gear....and I felt pain in my left ear wearing a full cover helment.

Now that was loud!!

Thinking about unwrapping the glass from the tube and cutting it in half and just wrapping half of the tube. leaving half of the tubes holes open

What ya think???

Joey Post a picture of the baffle

OK....I will take some pics of the baffles. try to post them tonight

When I was removing one I broke most of the weld from the rear flange. I guess a 6 lb. slide hammer was a bit much:eek:

I plan on doing a mod to the rear flange so I can pull them out easier if I want to remove them again.

I will try running them without any wool on the baffles.

Oh..I can shoot 44 mag. hand guns all day without ear plugs with no problem. I can shoot about any gun without ear plugs as long as it does not have a muzzle brake on it

Warp

I did not think my was loud either....that is why I pulled the baffles.

I like the deep rumble with just a tad of popping back as I gear down. I just wanted a bit more sound comming out of them.

I can bet you that the bags on your bike will NOT block the Jars with out baffles

Warp

I did not think my was loud either....that is why I pulled the baffles.

I like the deep rumble with just a tad of popping back as I gear down. I just wanted a bit more sound comming out of them.

I can bet you that the bags on your bike will NOT block the Jars with out baffles
I am still curious as to what the baffle looks like but have already torn the Jardine off to sell. I have transplanted the Carpenter pipe of the Falcon on to Gracie while I am waiting on some custom parts to be made for it.

Now that was loud!!

What ya think???

Joey is right on. The Jars are loud with no baffles but not nearly as loud as when there is a load on the motor. Sitting still and revving the motor isn't anything close to the sound while accelerating!!!! :eek:

Back