Jardine Opinions

mbdean55

.020 Over
Hello all. I've finally decided on buying my TOR exhaust only to call my local Triumph dealer and them tell me they're no longer available. Oh well I suppose. So now I'm more than likely gonna go with the Jardines. I just wanted to get some feedback from those who have them or have had them. Likes, dislikes, things to watch? Thanks.

Great sound, the deepest rumble I've ever heard on any bike. Crappy chrome, I ride in winter when possible, rusted in 6 months, and mine had an exhaust leak at the front cylinder due to a bad weld. Also unavailable, I believe, they got bought out by someone. Mine are available, but would need rechroming or ceramic coating. And they do make power, but I went with Carpenter's pipe when he did the motor. Mine are for Touring, though

Well **** really not sure if they're not really made that well. Any thoughts on Thunderbike? I have been mostly talked out of the shorty exhausts for newr3 but I personally do love the looks.

I have Jardines on my Touring, no problems with fit or finish and they sound fine, yes they are loud.
If you can find them on Ebay or Craigslist you should grab them.

You can shop a little and find Triumph TOR pipes on the internet. I found a lightly used set for $200. I have seen new in box too for about $500. What I like about TORs is you can put on any combination of the pipes you like. Install 1, 2 or all 3 as you like. I started with just 1. Very nice sound. I recently put on 2. Very loud and I'm not sure about the sound yet. I will try all 3 soon and then decide which combination I like the best. But everybody is different, so TORs gives you options.

As your bike appears to be non-black, I'll assume it's pre-2010. The Jardines for that era are "on back order" permanently, or as the manufacturer refers to it "on an order to manufacture basis". What this likely means is that they'll never be made again. I talked with company months ago and the guy admitted that they didn't even have the tooling for them. Apparently it got lost in the sale to SuperTrapp.

That being said, I bought a gently used set from our DV8 friend in Australia and had them shipped here. Haven't got them on the bike yet, although finally took them out of the box the other day. They are the "gold standard", but they have their flaws. If you're shooting for loud, they're the ones to have. You should also see a few more horses, although will need to change the mapping. As I'm not a fan of the triple pipes, the larger, round, dual pipes look nice.

MarvinM

Could you expound on that, I'm curious, how could you put 1,2 or 3 mufflers on it, a selection of adapters?

You can shop a little and find Triumph TOR pipes on the internet. I found a lightly used set for $200. I have seen new in box too for about $500. What I like about TORs is you can put on any combination of the pipes you like. Install 1, 2 or all 3 as you like. I started with just 1. Very nice sound. I recently put on 2. Very loud and I'm not sure about the sound yet. I will try all 3 soon and then decide which combination I like the best. But everybody is different, so TORs gives you options.

Dean life has been hectic for a while now so I never got to reply to your e-mail. The set of Jardines I took off Gracie (a 2005 bike) will not fit the roadster version because of the ABS they are in good shape I will buff them out along with the Predator and send you some pictures. I do find the Jardines are louder at lower rpms but that could be because you have two pipes one on each ear. My buddy always said he lived the sound they put off. Of course at high Rpms he said the predator was louder but I never run the Jardines on a bike that will pull 9000 rpms so I cannot compare.

Personally I like both sets of pipes but at the same time I must say I like the Capenter Megaphone better even though it needs shields especially if you do not own a roadster. Having shields made will add to the price of the pipe but if your wanting performance IMO it by far out produces the Jardines and Predator pipes. You should make up your mind how far you want to go before you spend the money on a set of pipes. If your staying with stock compression, cams, and head work then all three will be good depending on what look you want. If your going to add more internals to increase the HP then you might as well go with the better pipe. Big in Big Out

On the 3 pipe bikes each muffler connects individually to the cat delete pipe or the cat itself. Nothing special just made that way from Triumph.

Back