Is this the 'New Ramair" filter?

ROCKETOUR

.060 Over
Ride
2008 R3T with lots of changes
I spent a couple of hours reading the blog from this time last year regarding the Ramair filter self destruction and the aftermath that included Ramair's response. Near the end of the blog it spotted a post about a "redesigned" Ramair filter that is supposed to eliminate the breaking issues.
I got my kit TODAY! There is a 4.5 to 5mm wide by 2mm deep channel "slot" around the interior of the filter inlet. I've seen a photo of the throttle bodies and I can see how that raised lip on the TB would fit inside this channel on the filter. Is this the "new filter"? Does anybody out there have one of these new styles? How has it worked? Any "new filter" that have broke? I'm trying to see if this one is trouble free or still a problem. I have an 08 Touring.

I spent a couple of hours reading the blog from this time last year regarding the Ramair filter self destruction and the aftermath that included Ramair's response. Near the end of the blog it spotted a post about a "redesigned" Ramair filter that is supposed to eliminate the breaking issues.
I got my kit TODAY! There is a 4.5 to 5mm wide by 2mm deep channel "slot" around the interior of the filter inlet. I've seen a photo of the throttle bodies and I can see how that raised lip on the TB would fit inside this channel on the filter. Is this the "new filter"? Does anybody out there have one of these new styles? How has it worked? Any "new filter" that have broke? I'm trying to see if this one is trouble free or still a problem. I have an 08 Touring.

That sounds like the newer one. I think the older one's didn't have the channel.

Last I heard the jury was still out regarding the cracking. Reports dropped off significantly but didn't go away. There were questions of bad rubber and over tightening that I don't think ever officially reached consensus.

That sounds like the newer one. I think the older one's didn't have the channel.

Last I heard the jury was still out regarding the cracking. Reports dropped off significantly but didn't go away. There were questions of bad rubber and over tightening that I don't think ever officially reached consensus.

I would love to have more air suck that fits under my bearclaw, but I've enough doubt in my mind that I have remained seated on my hands.

That's the newer one, my brother has done about 10,000 klms with one and no problems, just done over tighten them, I think from memory they are only 1.5 NM which is sweet Fu$k all

Last edited:
That's the newer one, my brother has done about 10,000 klms with one and no problems, just done over tighten them, I think from memory they are only 1.5 NM which is sweet Fu$k all
i installed the new one as well and put two tie-wrap around the whole thing just a snug fit nothing moves and total piece of mind

9 months and 8,000 miles here on a redesigned RamAir filter with no problems. Just make sure to press the filter against the throttle bodies when tightening the clamps, and don't overtighten.

Back