Installed TORS today

RKTNMYPKT

Village Idiot
Ride
2021 HD RoadGlide
I was all set to purchase the CES exhaust system,
But decided that since I had the TORS in the garage that I owed it to myself to at least give them a try.

I also decided to keep it simple by not removing the air box and try to keep the cost as low as possible

I installed the pipes myself, dropped in a K&N TB 2204 cartridge filter and did the 12 minute tune.
I then rode the 20 miles to the dealer and paid 35.00 to have them install the tune from Triumph.

Impressions....

The stock pipes are a lot heavier than the TORS.

The TORS run a lot cooler

The TORS have a deeper tone to them, but certainly nothing to write home to Mom about.

I may have noticed a little difference in throttle response.

I'll give them a thorough check out on my 2000 mile ride I'm embarking on May 5th

Now I just gotta figure out how to make a mobile outta my old pipes..........:thumbsdown:

Last edited:
I'm thinking about getting TORS, but I'm concerned they won't be loud enough. Since you live close maybe I could hear your bike sometime...?

I was all set to purchase the CES exhaust system,
But decided that since I had the TORS in the garage that I owed it to myself to at least give them a try.

I also decided to keep it simple by not removing the air box and try to keep the cost as low as possible

I installed the pipes myself, dropped in a K&N TB 2204 cartridge filter and did the 12 minute tune.
I then rode the 20 miles to the dealer and paid 35.00 to have them install the tune from Triumph.

Impressions....

The stock pipes are a lot heavier than the TORS.

The TORS run a lot cooler

The TORS have a deeper tone to them, but certainly nothing to write home to Mom about.

I may have noticed a little difference in throttle response.

I'll give them a thorough check out on my 2000 mile ride I'm embarking on May 5th

Now I just gotta figure out how to make a mobile outta my old pipes..........:thumbsdown:

You cheep A$$ spend the money and get the good stuff you won't be happy till you get ride of the tractor header :D

I'm thinking about getting TORS, but I'm concerned they won't be loud enough. Since you live close maybe I could hear your bike sometime...?
if you want loud dont get the Tors,youll be disapointed.ive got them on mine,purely for warranty purpose as ive only had the bike new nearly 2 months ago.they are lighter,run a lot cooler and have a deeper tone than standard pipes,got a nice rumble to them.i like them,but will be changing them probably next year :thumbsup:

Why do people assume that the goal is "loud"? Sometimes it's not even about horse power either. TORS have numerous advantages. They save a significant amount if weight, give a boost in power, give the bike the personality it deserves and retain the stock look all for a great price. Sure, not everyone cares about any or all of those but unless you're wanting to join the pisssing contest they represent a bloody good investment. Smart move Jim.

I may have said this before on another thread but I have changed out the stock exhaust on every bike I've owned prior to my R3R. I did this for three reasons: decrease weight; increase performance/power/responsiveness; AND increase sound. On one previous bike the 2 into 1 pipe I put on the bike was so freakin' loud that at the end of a long ride I was literally hearing impaired. My hearing was muffled, I could still hear my exhaust ringing in my ears in bed that night, and had ringing in my ears for a few days afterwards.

After that I would change out the exhaust for weight and power but looked for a not-as-loud pipe but still a little louder than stock.

Maybe I am just getting older, and hopefully wiser, but I no longer want to increase the sound/noise level coming out of my exhaust, at all.

I would consider the TORS if they in fact decrease weight and increase performance but NOT if they are loud. Otherwise I am for the first time ever content with the stock pipes on a bike!

And I realize I will get some flack for this comment, but, how much more power do you really need than what you get with a Rocket Roadster? I am not racing professionally or on the street. I am mostly touring on it so do I really need to get another 10, 20, 30...HP? For me anyway, not if I have to deal with a loud exhaust!

I may have said this before on another thread but I have changed out the stock exhaust on every bike I've owned prior to my R3R. I did this for three reasons: decrease weight; increase performance/power/responsiveness; AND increase sound. On one previous bike the 2 into 1 pipe I put on the bike was so freakin' loud that at the end of a long ride I was literally hearing impaired. My hearing was muffled, I could still hear my exhaust ringing in my ears in bed that night, and had ringing in my ears for a few days afterwards.

After that I would change out the exhaust for weight and power but looked for a not-as-loud pipe but still a little louder than stock.

Maybe I am just getting older, and hopefully wiser, but I no longer want to increase the sound/noise level coming out of my exhaust, at all.

I would consider the TORS if they in fact decrease weight and increase performance but NOT if they are loud. Otherwise I am for the first time ever content with the stock pipes on a bike!

And I realize I will get some flack for this comment, but, how much more power do you really need than what you get with a Rocket Roadster? I am not racing professionally or on the street. I am mostly touring on it so do I really need to get another 10, 20, 30...HP? For me anyway, not if I have to deal with a loud exhaust!

Yes Bflyer you can sort of have your cake and eat it at the same time , just a set of TORS , a K&N Air filter in the standard air box and a remap of the ECU will give a Touring a 30/40 HP gain and make the bike more rideable with a deeper but not loud exhaust note, whilst maintaining the stock look and to the untrained ear sound I doubt the rise in HP would be as significant on the Roadster as the Touring is heavily restricted at the stock stage ,but most guys like the sound of the TORS for everyday riding.

Back