Info needed on TOR exhaust???

1ost: 272494 said:
Holey Moley, Mully!!!
Staintune wants $1600.00 for just two cans and a crossover and then it still uses the stock headers???
My whole CES header and can system is under $2000.00!!!
I got my staintune cans and crossover for $300 from some dopey jackass on ebay lol custom headers cost me $1200 . I love the look of that ces header but they can keep the can I'm not a fan . If I get those beaut headers they have I'll be getting my own megaphone style pipe 4 it

@Evil Mitch
I do agree with you regarding the CES can.
Been shopping everywhere I can on the www without success so far.
I decided to go for their can because I haven't found anything better offered here in the US.
If you do, please let me know.

@Evil Mitch
I do agree with you regarding the CES can.
Been shopping everywhere I can on the www without success so far.
I decided to go for their can because I haven't found anything better offered here in the US.
If you do, please let me know.

I'm just going to get one custom built . I'll probably keep the headers I have but either way I prefer custom to off the rack items that every man and his dog owns

After switching to the TORS and cat bypass, I would not change it for anything. Sounds great going down the freeway, let's people know with a growl when you are getting into it, and when you are gearing down to slow down - it has a nice crackle and snarl to let everyone know. Pulling threw a crowded parking lot or an area with poor visiability - you can put the clutch in and give the throttle a few crack to warn people to open their eyes and pay attention.

Best investment for an older Rocket owner ever...IMO.

Tors

I recommend getting rid of the cat box though
I had Tors installed from new but still had the cat and i couldn't notice much difference
until i parked it next to another stock rocket and it was louder butt nothing to write home about
so i had the cat removed and the spaghetti pipe thingy put in and it sounds much better :D
I did get a fair bit of decel popping with the aftermarket triumph tune they put in though but i have since installed triple K&N filters + 02 eliminator and tuned to suit with tune Ecu and this has reduced the decel popping to Immensely
Regards Mitch
Hi Mitch, This is an old post but relates to my problem. I have a '12 R3R and replaced the stock exhaust (which house the cat in the '12) with aftermarket pipes, and then got rid of the stock crossover pipe that has a collector box. When I added the new crossover was when I got bad popping on deceleration. I'm thinking of adding the K&N filters and O2 eliminator as you did. I have a PCV with AT. What tune worked best for you with your final configuration?

Hi Mitch, This is an old post but relates to my problem. I have a '12 R3R and replaced the stock exhaust (which house the cat in the '12) with aftermarket pipes, and then got rid of the stock crossover pipe that has a collector box. When I added the new crossover was when I got bad popping on deceleration. I'm thinking of adding the K&N filters and O2 eliminator as you did. I have a PCV with AT. What tune worked best for you with your final configuration?

Hey mate my bike is a 09 standard and takes a different type of map to the roadster as the ecu is different . But I've actually had a custom map made for mine on a dyno . I also run staintunes now and sold the tors . I'm sure someone here will have a roadster map suitable for your setup

Any exhaust change will require some kind of fuel trim alteration. I've had D&D and now TOR with cat bypass, The TOR's have a good sound that is louder than stock by around double. I think the TOR's have about the best sound available for an R3, even better than Jardine IMO.
Where can you get them?

Back