Info needed on TOR exhaust???

I have a Roadster that came with standard catalytic mufflers. I changed the mufflers to the TORs mufflers and bought a free flow collector/crossover that does away with the restrictive crossover. If you are wanting a little bit quieter exhaust but still has a bit of "bite" this is the way to go. I can tell you all that you will need for this system if you like. The next step up (louder) from that would be the Jardines exhaust system.

Mully,
Hope you were talking to me. If not, I apologize.
My new TORs should arrive in a couple days. I understood the collector box under the new Roadsters is empty and the cats are in the mufflers. I'm not sure what this "free flow collector/crossover" that you be referring to is?

I have been known for many years for having very loud bikes. The past 1000 miles on my new Roadster have got me kinda enjoying the quiet power. Perhaps Jardine or a Carp 3 into 1 down the road; but, for now the TORS shall suffice. I do want optimum performance from them; so, the connection between them and the header being smooth and nonrestrictive is important to me.

If ya got some illuminating poop, by all means please share it with muwa.
Best Regards,
1olbull

Well, you can expect a sound that's somewhat of a cross between a stock car and an old Farmall tractor with those TORS!:D

Mully,
My new TORs should arrive in a couple days. I understood the collector box under the new Roadsters is empty and the cats are in the mufflers. I'm not sure what this "free flow collector/crossover" that you be referring to is?

I have been known for many years for having very loud bikes. The past 1000 miles on my new Roadster have got me kinda enjoying the quiet power. Perhaps Jardine or a Carp 3 into 1 down the road; but, for now the TORS shall suffice. I do want optimum performance from them; so, the connection between them and the header being smooth and nonrestrictive is important to me.

Best Regards,
1olbull

This is the free flow collector. There is a picture of it floating around on here but I can't remember where it is located. The part number is TR CO ROC R on this page.

Link Removed

I got mine through CalMoto and they delivered it to my house. I took the old stuff off and installed the TORs with the Staintune crossover. The crossover from the factory is restrictive .... believe me... when you take it off and look inside it you will see what I'm talking about. The crossover isn't cheap but I just had to have a free flowing exhaust system. lol

California BMW Triumph Motorcycles: Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, BMW Apparel, KTM Parts

The new Roadster exhaust sounds better than any old three pipe system... the others are just jealous. lol Compare them if you like

R&R Classic: Triumph Rocket III Ultimate 2004-2008 Remastered - YouTube

Triumph Rocket III Roadster - YouTube

Mully,
Thanks much for the info. I just can not rationalize that kind of money ($559) for what appears to be such a simple part. When the TORs get here I shall take her dawn and see if this crossover is as simple as it seems at this point.

Perhaps someone should tear down the Roadster collector like was done to the 3 pipe version.
Best Regards,
1olbull

Mully,
Thanks much for the info. I just can not rationalize that kind of money ($559) for what appears to be such a simple part. When the TORs get here I shall take her dawn and see if this crossover is as simple as it seems at this point.

Perhaps someone should tear down the Roadster collector like was done to the 3 pipe version.
Best Regards,
1olbull

I didn't pay 559 for it but it was 499 at the time.

Joining this thread a little late... so, can the 2 big/thick pipes go on a 2007 Rocket Classic?

As long as you have the correct crossover pipe, yes. You can't go the other way though, and fit the 3 pipe system to a Roadster because the ABS would be in the way.

Mully,

1olbull,

Best Regards,
1olbull
Maybe you can post a sound bit and pic after instillation. I'm considering the TOR for my R3R
Go Seattle! So far good game.

Does anyone have a comparison video of the R3R with / without the TORs ?

Also someone mentioned here about the tune that they come with closing the secondaries, would this also be the case on the 2013 R3R ??

Back