Inexperienced passengers and bad habits

RanDom_Chipmunk

On two wheels in high heels
Ride
Triumph Rocket III
I've given a fair number of people rides on my bikes. Most if them were fine passengers... some acted like they should probably wear a helmet on the bus, too.o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

My worst passenger ever has been my housemate, Mike.:rolleyes: He doesn't have a car and the bus system in my city sssuuuuuucks. So sometimes I give him rides to work. The first time I gave him a ride was his first time on a bike, period.:thumbsup: I gave him the full instructional speech for being a safe passenger. The first thing he did was grab my shoulder and try to swing his leg up and over the sissy bar with his other leg still on the ground... He weighs fifty pounds more than me. Almost yanked me over. Then he adjusted his seating position in a turn.:mad: Then he tried to put his foot down at stops just like I did.o_O Then he tried to get off by sliding sideways and falling off.:roll:

More recently, as he got on the back, I asked him to double check both pegs were down first. He said yes, and off we go. Then there began to be this terrible scraping sound. I'm thinking my bike is mysteriously broken.:confused: Before we hit the freeway, Mike says one of my pegs is broken. I ask him if he wants me to pull over so I can look at it. Well, he doesn't want to be late:cautious:, so... I get to his work, we dismount, I smack him:rolleyes:. He had not put down the left peg.... He had put his foot on the center stand lever. The scraping was him pushing the stand into the ground while I drove. This isn't my only strangle-worthy passenger performance, but he's been the most creative in the role.:p

What are your face-palm worthy moments with passengers?
7711791_f520.jpg

I fixed all future issues with pillions on day 3 of buying my shiny new R3R , pillion seat and rear pegs off, problem solved :) That pic must of been taken in New Zealand..............

My wife to this day, after all the years she has been riding with me, has a bad habit of getting on the bike before both of my feet are set, I'll have my right foot on the ground and my left on the peg and she'll run up and jump on the bike, its lead to a few tense moments...

Few weeks after I got my Rocket my lady decided to shift her butt while we were in the middle of a low speed turn while pulling out of a parking spot. Felt the left side of the bike plummet and had to plant my left foot in order to keep the bike up...knee twinged for a while after that. She promises she won't do it again.

I've given a fair number of people rides on my bikes. Most if them were fine passengers... some acted like they should probably wear a helmet on the bus, too.o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

My worst passenger ever has been my housemate, Mike.:rolleyes: He doesn't have a car and the bus system in my city sssuuuuuucks. So sometimes I give him rides to work. The first time I gave him a ride was his first time on a bike, period.:thumbsup: I gave him the full instructional speech for being a safe passenger. The first thing he did was grab my shoulder and try to swing his leg up and over the sissy bar with his other leg still on the ground... He weighs fifty pounds more than me. Almost yanked me over. Then he adjusted his seating position in a turn.:mad: Then he tried to put his foot down at stops just like I did.o_O Then he tried to get off by sliding sideways and falling off.:roll:

More recently, as he got on the back, I asked him to double check both pegs were down first. He said yes, and off we go. Then there began to be this terrible scraping sound. I'm thinking my bike is mysteriously broken.:confused: Before we hit the freeway, Mike says one of my pegs is broken. I ask him if he wants me to pull over so I can look at it. Well, he doesn't want to be late:cautious:, so... I get to his work, we dismount, I smack him:rolleyes:. He had not put down the left peg.... He had put his foot on the center stand lever. The scraping was him pushing the stand into the ground while I drove. This isn't my only strangle-worthy passenger performance, but he's been the most creative in the role.:p

What are your face-palm worthy moments with passengers?
7711791_f520.jpg
Now that is some funny SHtuffT....
Hopefully he is getting better at it...

An overnourished friend of ours standing with her full weight on the left passenger board while asking me exactly how she should finish mounting the bike....JUST SIT DOWN YOU SILLY HEIFER!! **** near dropped her and the bike

Strangely enough, my most comfortable passenger was an ex-girlfriend who was a hundred pounds heavier than me. Hardly noticed she was there unless we hit a bump, especially since I'm not dainty either! ;)

I've been riding a long time, but when the wife (a newbie to bikes) first started riding with me we had a few words once or twice. The biggest disagreement was when I was cruising down the highway at 70 mph and she decided to throw her gum away without telling me first. She stuck her left arm all the way out and swung it way over our heads to the right side of the road. You don't want somebody running over that gum and messing up a tire, right? I almost dumped it when she did that and swerved all over the road and she starts chewing me out asking what in the world I am doing. I pulled over asked if she had done the laundry yet because that smell was gonna need immediate attention. We got it all worked out. Hasn't happened since. :thumbsup:

back in the day on the old 360 Honda, had a friend decide to sit up midway through a corner... dam near spat us both off into the bush's.
I know exactly what you are saying there @RKTNMYPKT mine does the same every now and then, its gets your attention thats for sure :eek:

My wife to this day, after all the years she has been riding with me, has a bad habit of getting on the bike before both of my feet are set, I'll have my right foot on the ground and my left on the peg and she'll run up and jump on the bike, its lead to a few tense moments...

if you didn't forget her all the time and leave her stranded she would take her time getting on.:roll:

Back