Rango

Rocket addicted
Ride
2005 Classic
Hi Guys n gals.
I'm 57 yo Living in Melbourne. Haven't bought a rocket ship yet as I have 2 titanium cages supporting my spine without which I couldn't walk, implanted 15 years back when I had a serious bike wreck and haven't ridden since. Prior to my smash I owned heap of different bikes. The last couple of months I've refreshed myself, tested soooo many bikes and keep coming back to the TR3, I mean, how could you not? With that much HP and torque they can't be beaten.
Anyway, I'll keep you posted, and keep working on my wife's negativity as we're here for a good time, not a long time.

G'day Roy and Welcome from a fellow Aussie.
Love your list of cars BTW.
67 Shelby Mustang is a sweet car.
My wife is called the opposition leader - does not like the bikes at all.

G'day Roy and Welcome from a fellow Aussie.
Love your list of cars BTW.
67 Shelby Mustang is a sweet car.
My wife is called the opposition leader - does not like the bikes at all.

G'Day Mittzy "The Hooligan",
Thank you for your reply Mate.
It's Roy here, "The Hoon", my rego on my Mustang is BADAS and my hot ute is KIKAS. Gotta come up with something good when I buy the Triumph. Take a look at my BADAS . I've looked at every cruiser available and test ridden many different models and manufacturers (apart from HD's, had a Fat Boy years ago... crap), so as I wouldn't have to part with the expense buying a Rocket. However, the 1st ride I had on a rocket a few weeks ago brought back the 1st boyish feelings I had when I bought my Suzuki 80cc at 16 years old. It's something I couldn't share with other people as it would be pointless, but you'll know what I'm talking about Tony. Couldn't sleep that night, in fact I'm having trouble sleeping every night now.
I just missed out on a TR3 last week in Brisbane, so maybe I'll hook up with you if I buy one up there.
Lets not let our wives ever talk - ok. Mine hates them coz what it's done to me and her last partner is a vegetable in a nursing home. He was one one of my Mates, now he doesn't recognise anyone, let alone feed himself. I guess we know where the girls are coming from but they should realise we're not 21.
See ya mate.

Hello and welcome good sir , may i be the first to commend you on your decision to get back in the saddle and on the worlds premiere cruiser , you Sir are an inspiration as i can only imagine what you have been through since your bike accident , plenty of good blokes and sheilas here to help you on the next phase of your journey , kind regards from the Gold Coast
Wrecka

Welcome Roy. When I'm asked why I bought a Rocket the answer is "because I rode one". Same answer when asked why I didn't by a Harley actually. If your lady is as smart as mine she isn't try to stop you riding but rather is concerned for your wellbeing. Respect that and acknowledge her intentions and you don't seem to get so much grief.

Hello and welcome good sir , may i be the first to commend you on your decision to get back in the saddle and on the worlds premiere cruiser , you Sir are an inspiration as i can only imagine what you have been through since your bike accident , plenty of good blokes and sheilas here to help you on the next phase of your journey , kind regards from the Gold Coast
Wrecka

G'Day Wrecka,
Great handle, love it.
Thank you for your welcomed reply. Yeah Mate, I had several other critical injuries back on that dreadful day. I'm left with a Sh** Load of pain killers to gulp down every 4 hours, and suffer chronic back pain, but Mate ........... we live in God's country and there's always somebody worst off then yourself.
You're the 2nd guy to contact me from Qld, and yes thank you but, is there no Victorians out there?

G'Day Wrecka,
Great handle, love it.
Thank you for your welcomed reply. Yeah Mate, I had several other critical injuries back on that dreadful day. I'm left with a Sh** Load of pain killers to gulp down every 4 hours, and suffer chronic back pain, but Mate ........... we live in God's country and there's always somebody worst off then yourself.
You're the 2nd guy to contact me from Qld, and yes thank you but, is there no Victorians out there?
Plenty Viccos on here mate, your forgetting that today is the 1st round of the AFL if im not mistaken :)
RDU was in Victoria last October , Torquay i had a ball and met so many great people from this forum , as a matter of fact one of the most customised R3's in Aus is owned by Ponters that lives in Melb

Back