Ignition Bypass??

bigd34

Standard Bore
I just installed the Eastern Beaver on my 07 Classic. Unfortunately, I did not make the modification unitil I had already melted the wire off inside the ignition barrel. I had an electrician friend solder the connection back on and it works, but I am not completely confident in the condition of the ignition. If I turn the key too far I loose power like I may have messed it up when pulling it apart. Is there a way to just take the ignition barrel completely out of the picture by installing a switch. I figure there has to be a way to just run wires to an aftermarket switch that can be located somewhere it is hard to see, rather than buying a whole new ignition barrel. Any help would be appreciated.

Just read that entire 7 page post. Made my head hurt. I ride the bike to forget about techy stuff (my job), then come here at night and read techy stuff.

Question - If you were to do one of the methods of keyless start, would you still need the Eastern Beaver bypass?

Thanks,
MarvinM

Just read that entire 7 page post. Made my head hurt. I ride the bike to forget about techy stuff (my job), then come here at night and read techy stuff.

Question - If you were to do one of the methods of keyless start, would you still need the Eastern Beaver bypass?

Thanks,
MarvinM
I would if only to get brighter lights and to avoid overheating wires in the connecter plugs under the tank, as some guys have not had the switch melt but have had the plugs overheating and wires melting due to same reason. The relay kit takes the heavy load power more directly from battery using less switching and resistance points to the headlights

I have both the EB kit and the Keyless Ignition. The wiring should have been wired like the EB kit does from the factory, IMHO, so I would still recommend installing it.

Back