idle problem on my 07 Rocket

dadsrevenge

.040 Over
hey gang,
it's been what 3 weeks since I got the water pump and thermo changed. would you know it, riding the triple nickle here in Ohio going into a nice corner the bike would not come downpast 2k rpm. made for a interesting ride out of the twisties. sometimes it idles and sometimes it tries to idle up. sitting at stops the idle goes everywhere. riding it sounds like it's loading up. popping on decel and an occasional miss while riding.

I love riding my Rocket but this thing is starting to get on my nerves! Never had so much trouble with a bike. :)

Yep! If you finagle it just right, Triumph might pony up the TPS (worth about $100) and you will have to cover your dealer's labor.;)

For me it occassionally happens - about each four hundred miles and it takes about 5-10 minutes to eliminate the 2k idle. And seems like I need to order the new type TPS.
Our local dealer is a peace of crap - the last three or four times I called them they just spread their hands and say something like "we don't know/have no time/have no parts/the person who handles it is on vacation". So I go the same route as most of the Rocket owners in Russia - doing everyhting by own hands or with the help of mechanic. Am I talking too much? :)

The 'new' primary TPS is updated from the older one.. I have the new one with the blue internals now.. I've had it running great now for a few months. Not long enough for a verdict, but it seems to have done the job. This is my 2nd replacement TPS since I've owned the bike.

Back