I wish Triumph would build a Rocket III standard again

Rocket Scientist

Grand Exulted Poobah
Ride
Black 05' Rocket III standard
I like chrome and aluminum. Nothing against roadsters but at some point down the road my rocket is going to wear out. My only choices are going to be slim. A roadster or someone else's older R3. Old bikes go to hell whether you ride them or not. Things rust, rubber dries out, electrical connections corrode. I would like to be able to buy a newer Silver engined, chromed out bike just like the one I have. Anyone else feel like this ? I think they should continue to build the roadster but why not offer a standard as well ? Offer a color choice for the engine silver or black. Just thinking out loud so to speak. I think the older R3's have more soul.

Dragon.jpg

I like chrome and aluminum. Nothing against roadsters but at some point down the road my rocket is going to wear out. My only choices are going to be slim. A roadster or someone else's older R3. Old bikes go to hell whether you ride them or not. Things rust, rubber dries out, electrical connections corrode. I would like to be able to buy a newer Silver engined, chromed out bike just like the one I have. Anyone else feel like this ? I think they should continue to build the roadster but why not offer a standard as well ? Offer a color choice for the engine silver or black. Just thinking out loud so to speak. I think the older R3's have more soul.

Dragon.jpg
I so agree with you Fred.
F
I agree with you. If I was forced to have to buy a Roadster the first thing I'd have to do is move the pegs forward and the very next thing would be to paint the tins. Although I prefer the chrome and silver I could live with the black engine and forks but why Triumph decided to limit the tin choice to only black as well as black everything else out is beyond me.

You are a real jerk. I have just reported you for a highly offensive post. I hope you get banned permanently. This is a very close group. You just stepped in a big pile of dung. I hope we never meet in person.

Last edited:
I actually had to go back and read the moron's post again to make sure I hadn't misread it. That comment was so offensive it's beyond words. I don't care low long you've been on here or how many posts you have but at 73 I'd be treading a little more lightly. I've read some stuff on forums that has made me shake my head but that one takes the cake.

My $0.02 ban the prick!

More importantly, as for the OP, I totally agree

If he hasn't already, it would be a good idea if he makes his physical address private. I caught myself looking for it.

Back