I want a Custom Exhaust for my Rocket

R3Tex

Living Legend
Ride
'13 Rocket III Roadster
By special request (Bull). Given the wealth of discussion that has taken place on the forum since I've been a member and the old threads that I've read I would venture to say that this is one of the hottest topics on here. Given the fact that we have a widely varied membership with a hopefully extensive professional skill set one would think that we should be able to pool our individual talents and come up with a decent header design that would fit most applications for the Rocket. As I see it we need the following:

1.) A guinea pig bike (which I have no problem providing)
2.) A header design
3.) A fabricator
4.) Access to a Dyno
5.) A decent tuner.

Anybody interested in participating?

+1 Tex for the idea. I can't give up my ride as it is my daily driver, but would be interested in the team think on this matter. I'll stay out of the way and watch from the shadows...

I'll start...I have a bike that can be used as a test bed, a bike shop with a qualified mechanic for things I can't do myself, access to a multitude of machine shops for prototype manufacturing and the desire to have a cool looking, functional exhaust.

Tex I don't know what help I would be and I am happy with the Jar's I have but all ways looking for something new so if I can help let me know I'm in the process of having a cross over cat delete made right now for the roadster for 270 to 300 dont know if thats good or bad but it is what it is I will post pics when I get it next week

Post on this thread how it turns out. I personally like the 3 into 2 look on the Roadsters and would ultimately like to have that design. I have a 3 into 2 shorty on mine now, but not real happy with it...and I can never leave well enough alone anyway :whitstling:. Mine looks pretty cool, but doesn't do a lot for performance best I can tell

I am working few angles for a complete package which includes intake, pipe and tuning unit. Meeting with fabricator this week. To make a jig for all bends and welding... 3 into 1

I have a set of the old exhaust flanges that Nev Lush used to manufacture .. need to get his ok and if he doesn't have a problem with it I would be happy to loan them if they could be of help. They are similar in design to the flanges used on the Rebands Nev informed me.

I have a set of the old exhaust flanges that Nev Lush used to manufacture .. need to get his ok and if he doesn't have a problem with it I would be happy to loan them if they could be of help. They are similar in design to the flanges used on the Rebands Nev informed me.

Sounds like a great idea to me. As long as Nev has no problem with it. I don't want to step on anyone's toes or impinge on their patent rights, but the lack of exhaust options is killin me. I have no doubt that Reband and Carpenter pipes do everything they claim, but I really want something different and the only way I see that happening is to fab my own.

Thanks I also saw a set of flanges for sale somewhere around here or other site....

Back