2012cliff

Supercharged
Ride
2008 tour
I bought a cable off of ebay. I want to put in a new tune. So I hooked up the computer to my cable and was able to save my tune from the bike. I went to install new tune and the bike will not respond to the computer. So thinking i should get a new cable from England , I ordered the lonelac cable. Still a dead bike. Any help advice is needed. If there is someone in Manitoba or North Dakota that has been successful with Tuneecu. Help I am going through withdrawls

The TuneECU site has this to say:

"ECU restore, after a failed download:

Recovery for Sagem and Keihin ECUs:

• When a download is unsuccessful, the ignition off and on again.
  • Now wait for the message "ECU is connected but not responding". "Run the ECU recovery?"
  • Then click OK and wait until the recovery has been made and confirm this.
  • Now wait until TuneECU reconnected to the ECU and then download the map once again on the ECU.

Attention! must for the recovery process in TuneECU definitely a matching map to be opened, best a matching OEM map."

This does show that paying attention to the cable is crucial for this. The cable is not just a cable, it's a computer with cable ends that fit the bike and the PC/laptop. It "translates" for the PC and the bike, and if the chip set in the cable is not the appropriate FTDi one, you can convert your bike into a paper weight. Worst case scenario if TuneECU can't recover is that you get to tow it to a Triumph shop and grovel... but try recovery first.

The site also says you may have to retry the process a few times. Make sure you have the headlight fuses disconnected and the bike on a charger to guarantee there is sufficient power in the battery for this process.

I'd run the recovery as croft posted above.
Does tune ecu read your bike? Are you getting the green light? If not, what I've done before (though it's opposite the instructions) is disconnect and reconnect while the ignition is already switched on. Get a green light every time. But do that at your own risk. I'm sure there's a reason it says plug in first! ;)

if it is the newer tune ecu 2.5 then you might have lost you communication. go to the options tab make sure it is on auto connect. Then make sure in the same tab you have the communication port set to USB. The same thing happened on my Sprint copied the map in her and then it would not link back up. this worked well for me.
Oh and if your bike will turn over and run then you do not need to do a recovery from failed down load.
Another goo way to always tell if your linked up is to go to the test page and do a test like the fan test. if she turns the fan on you know you linked up with the ecu.

Since I saved the map that was in the bike every time I attempt to load the new tune or I attempt a recovery I get " bike not responding, turn ignition off,and retry" I do this and then I attempt a recovery.

The bike is dead. When i turn ignition on the fuel pump doesn't make a sound and starter button wont even give a click, whimper or whine. Unlike the bikes owner.

check with volt meter.. battery,engine management relay 12 volts and a good ground.

Back