I really hate you all (the mods have begun)

Rocket Pilot

.020 Over
I can't stop reading about all the things you can do to your rocket...........I found myself on ebay late into the night .....glazed over looking for just one more piece of chrome ....AND then it happened I ordered a K&N air filter....Not too much just take off the seat and replace . As i was taking off the seat i could'nt help it the tingling the burning voice in my head "take the secondaries out .....they are just right there.....the seat is already off your halfway there!

WELL 2hrs later and a 12min tune the secondaries are history and after fighting the airbox back on and double checking all of my work ,looks awesome. I can't wait to ride it . Then i hear the voice again ......go go go online and get a set of jardine pipes and a tune ecu cable .

THANKS for the Awesome site!
John B

I can't stop reading about all the things you can do to your rocket...........I found myself on ebay late into the night .....glazed over looking for just one more piece of chrome ....AND then it happened I ordered a K&N air filter....Not too much just take off the seat and replace . As i was taking off the seat i could'nt help it the tingling the burning voice in my head "take the secondaries out .....they are just right there.....the seat is already off your halfway there!

WELL 2hrs later and a 12min tune the secondaries are history and after fighting the airbox back on and double checking all of my work ,looks awesome. I can't wait to ride it . Then i hear the voice again ......go go go online and get a set of jardine pipes and a tune ecu cable .

THANKS for the Awesome site!
John B
while you had the air box off ya should have just forgot about the under the seat filter and gone with the triples:cool: anyway good onya mate enjoy

Only one K&N filter? Just think how easy the job would have been with three K&N's and not having to put all that plumbing back on. ;) LOL

The bug has bitten you ... won't be long now and the fever will take over. :D

Just think how much easier it would have been to have fitted triples instead of re-fitting that air box........ Go on. Do it. Then you'd have the bear claw to play with - or not. Go on.
Do it.

Yeah i know

If i knew what size they were and where to procure them i would have! I didnt start out thinking i would get into it.
As a technician/ engineer (industrial equipment) I thought it would be harder, I was wrong , the bike is pretty simple to work on minus the tight fit.

K&N RU-2780's fit under the bearclaw with no cutting needed. Most of us use those even after we've custom trimmed the cover. K&N and Outerwears make pre-filter covers for them in all kinds of colors.

There is a triple filter sticky thread with all the "how-to's" necessary for the job.

If you go the triple K&N route the third filter will contact the bearclaw and slightly deform the filter. Playing with the angle of the filter will help, but without cutting the bearclaw there will be significant contact.

The bearclaw on the R3T is significantly different than the one on the Standard/Classic models.

Cut away !!! ... they are really easy to chop on and whatever design you choose will just make it personal. Cover it in tape and draw out a pattern, I wish I'd had a mill at my disposal ... could have been more creative.

Some others have done slots, some cut-outs but seems most just cut the bottom off at different heights and patterns. The ones who have done cutouts usually put some mesh behind the holes, that's another idea.

If the touring claw is different than the standard/classic/roadster, you might want to think about cutting enough for the filters to clear it. On the standard/classic/roadster's the bulges don't correspond exactly to the filters so keep that in mind while choosing a design. Here's one example .....

Back