How to TuneECU Video

Guys do as I did download the printable user Manual read, read, read and then read some more start by doing the tests explore the tabs on the screen see what they do refer to the manual but just don't download anything on to the bike till you feel confident and always save a copy of the original tune you are playing with. Also unless you know what you are doing don't touch the ignition timing except to copy and paste the 4th gear tables into the first three gears use the F6 (compare tables) feature to see what you have done and don't make radical changes unless you are sure even 5% can make a fair difference.
That in a nutshell is how I taught myself TuneECU, you do not need a video, you do not have to be connected to bike to play with the program in fact I advises you don't connect till you have had an explore and play with TuneECU software, Reading the Manual is better, it will stick in your brain better than just watching a video. :)

The video doesn't talk about the stickiest problems. First download the manual and read it! Second, you need the right cable. They sell them on amazon. Just search for USB Cable for Triumph Motorcycle TuneECU Program. It's got a blue plug with a sideways C with another C inside it. Then download the cable drivers off the tuneecu site. If you have windows xp, you need to download a new version of Net Frameworks (free) and install it. Disconnect from the internet before plugging in the cable. The manual is vague about the driver installation. Try to follow it. The driver needs to be installed for the usb controller and also for the ports (com port). If windows doesn't lead you through it, you can update the driver manually in the device manager from wherever you've stored it on your disk.

When the driver is installed correctly, you don't get any messages from windows when you plug the cable in.

The battery should be fully charged and on a Battery Tender. Or a fully charged 12 v battery. Connect the cable from the computer to the odbc cable under the left cover. It's a good idea to read and save the tune in the bike. Remove the headlight fuse under the right cover. Turn on the ignition. The main headlight will be off. Start up tuneecu. The red light in the lower right will go from red to green when it connects. If it doesn't, you haven't got the driver installed correctly.

Load the tune that should be in your bike, eg, 1600, aftermarket exhaust. Then hit read ecu. When it's finished, save it with a unique name. Turn off the ignition. Replace the fuse. Open the tune you want to download into rhe bike. Turn on the ignition. The green square in the lower right should go blinking green and the download button in the upper right should appear green where mapedit was. Hit it. The map downloads in seconds to minutes. When it's done turn off the ignition for 10 sec then turn it on and do reset adaptations. When this is done, turn on the engine, let it heat up until the fan comes on then wait ar least 12 minutes (20-30 minutes total).

I couldn't believe how well this worked. I used to have fits trying to get tuneboy to hook up after getting new versions of the program or a new laptop.

Also, be careful what you load into your bike.

I've never actually pulled the headlight fuse on mine. I tried the first time and after many attempts (it wasn't in the spot according to the manual), the headlight fuse and ignition fuse were one and the same, making it impossible. I did use the charger the first few times, but the process has been so quick, I haven't even used that the last few times.

I've never actually pulled the headlight fuse on mine. I tried the first time and after many attempts (it wasn't in the spot according to the manual), the headlight fuse and ignition fuse were one and the same, making it impossible. I did use the charger the first few times, but the process has been so quick, I haven't even used that the last few times.

According to my manual, the headlight fuse is #1 (15 a). it is the second one from the left in the bottom row. I only pulled it for the upload, which takes a while, and replaced it for the download. The ignition goes on with it out. I didn't try to start it until the fuse was back in.

Back