How to Install Triple K&Ns Under BearClaw

Hi pig9r...I have a question regarding your comments below:

"I also recommend a Dynojet O2 eliminator, for two reasons, one to make sure the O2 sensor is off/just in case you forget to turn it off in Tuneboy and two it covers the empty plug in the wire harness very nicely to help protect the connection."

How do you turn the O2 sensor off in Tuneboy? Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

IAT Location

Did my 3 K&N swap, everything went well. But having the IAT sensor under
the tank sandwiched with the head. Made me think that readings for the ECU
from there might not be accurate. So I relocated the IAT to the side of number
1 K&N, snip a Small hole through the mesh and cotton to fit the sensor. Make sure
you blowout/vacuum any debris left from the cutting. Used clear silicone caulk
to seal around the sensor inside/outside. It worked great and provided a good
mounting place. Had to extend the leads about a foot, no problem. Sensor now
penetrates to the inside of the filter directly into the airflow and the most accurate
temperature readings. Caution do not touch sensor with fingers or else it becomes
contaminated.

Just my thoughts

Shameless plug...................

Of course Flipmeisters Specialty Products has all 6 filters in stock, most all the time. You'll find them on my website....

www.flipmeisters.com

Go to the Filter page and choose your filters......

The RU2780 Pod Filters I offer as a group of 3
The 62-1340 Crankcase Filter (which replaces the breather hose because you'll be using the air box for storage......
The 62-1560 Air Temperature Sensor Filter

My prices are very competitive and you'll find my shipping is lower than my competitors.

While you are there, don't hesitate to buy some of my other offerings..........:D

While you might be able to go to your local auto parts store order these K&N Filters, they are going to cost you more and you'll most likely have to wait because they are specialty filters for K&N. Even K&N Filters don't stock a large quantity.

Is there any benefit to running K&Ns if the engine is stock? I always put K&Ns in my Harleys even though they were basically stock (Stage I mod) because K&Ns supposedly last forever. Just curious if that's true or not or whether I'd be just as well with the stock filter.

IAT Sensor

Rather than mount the sensor in its own little filter. I thought it would be better to

have it located in the actual air flow. Therefore I took K&N number 1 and snipped a

hole in the side of the filter inserted sensor, it is a tight/press fit. Sealed inside and out

with clear silicone caulk, it also serves as mounting. If you try this make sure you

blow/vacuum/clean all debris from the cutting operation inside/outside filter. Sensor

now sits directly in air flow. Sending accurate data to the ECU. Don't touch sensor tip

as it can be contaminated. Will post results when I get on the road.

Back