How to Install Triple K&Ns Under BearClaw

carberized fuel injection

I likes the carberized fuel injection my self.
rockenrobert
gotta see the world, it will only take a minute
Link Removed

Pre Chargers

For those of you concerned about water entering there K&N's. There's a company
called Outerwear that make the wet pre-chargers for K&N. K&N does not list
but Outerwear does for about 12.50 good quality just like KN with a different logo.
I got 3 wet prechargers (come in Colors, Red's fastest) plus fedex $40. Try KN for
about 30 for one. Follow the road Outerwears, Inc. - Original manufacturer of Pre-Filters & Shockwears

prechargers

Brian:
Did my install today disassembly/assembly went very
smoothly. All tasks met and exceeded, 5 K&N filters 3 with Wet Precharge covers. Software install again very smooth. I think the hardest part of the day was trying to look at the screen in the bright light. Runs great, smooth, no real decell problems, bike actually seems quieter with the throttle bodies doing there thing. Power band seems a little higher. Left bear claw off looks better without especially with my bright red covers. Stuck the overflow bottle in the old air filter spot, easy access and visibility. Once again many, many thanks. Did I mention it was Rocket fast?????
Trying to find the wet precharge covers for my 2780 k&n filters. Can you help? Thanks in advance!

Hi Pig9r...could I request your indulgence please. I've just purchased my first R3 (classic) and have ordered the TOR's and Cat eliminator. I've also just bought the Tune Boy cable / program and have Uni-filter pods ready to install.

My question regarding your excellent post and photo description is this:
Why do you remove the O2 sensor? You mention removing it because of possibly forgetting to turn it off in TuneBoy - but I don't understand why it should be removed or turned off.

have both TuneBoy and PC3 tunes been developed to run the bike without the requirement for input from the O2 sensor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Without turning the O2 sensor off or installing a O2 simulator, the ECU will lean out the mixture in the areas of the fuel map where it is to operate in closed loop. Meaning that the custom tune you load or dyno tune you do will be pointless because the computer will lean the air/fuel mix back to 14.57 to 1.

PCIII comes with the eliminator and you have to install it. Tuneboy can run with the O2 sensor on, but like I said it will be very lean and will afterfire on deceleration.

Without turning the O2 sensor off or installing a O2 simulator, the ECU will lean out the mixture in the areas of the fuel map where it is to operate in closed loop. Meaning that the custom tune you load or dyno tune you do will be pointless because the computer will lean the air/fuel mix back to 14.57 to 1.

PCIII comes with the eliminator and you have to install it. Tuneboy can run with the O2 sensor on, but like I said it will be very lean and will afterfire on deceleration.

Thanks mate...also found the other threads where you explain what's happenning. Very informative.

Thanks

Added Value??

What was the advatage? was it worth it? and would you do it again? Looks like it will take some time and a little $$.

How much did it cost?

Looking to spend some time and money for some bolt on horse power options for my 2005 R3

I don't know how much HP was gained just by this mod, but with aftermarket exhaust, a cat bypass and triple filters 150 HP is pretty realistic. The biggest expense comes from buying Tuneboy or a PCIII which is in the neighborhood of $400. The filters were less than $100.

This may sound dumb but I thought the little plastic coolant tank was a reservoir, which you need to keep filled to a specified level. The overflow is through a tube from the radiator to under the bike. Doesn't the reservoir tank have to be above the radiator?

Back