How to Install Triple K&Ns Under BearClaw

I would greatly appreciate that, but I don't have the parts to delete the Cat. My bike's a 2011 roadster, if that matters. Thanks!
get in touch with Wayne Tripp I have seen somewhere he suggested an improvement the original crossover if StainTunes are out of your price Range, Saying that thu I would Save up the Loot and get the Staintune for In My opinion the Sweetest sounding Rumble you will get anywhere, you can have a Nice Note without making your ears Bleed. At a low trottle my Staintunes are quiter that Richards Tors but when I open her up it sounds like a Nsacar, in full song they are music. Mind you the Roadster Staintune appear to to a bit quieter than the earlier but still that Deep sweet Rumble:p

What you need:

From K&N: 3 x Ru-2780
62-1340 (for crankcase breather)
62-1560 (for air temp sensor)

If you have Tuneboy or PCIII and are eliminating the O2 sensor an M18 oil pan bolt is needed to plug the exhaust header.

I also recommend a Dynojet O2 eliminator, for two reasons, one to make sure the O2 sensor is off/just in case you forget to turn it off in Tuneboy and two it covers the empty plug in the wire harness very nicely to help protect the connection.

Thanks to forum member SpeedTrip for letting me document this mod.

Take off the seat, bear claw cover and prop the tank up using the prop wand. Remove the air box cover and the air filter. The less fuel in the tank the easier it is to lift and the less likely you are to lose any out of the vent tubes.

Start removing the intake plenum in the order shown. Fasteners # a and b are hard to see so don't forget them.

Ultimately you will end up with these pieces being removed.....

This is what attaches to the throttle bodies.

When removing the piece labeled #2 in the schematic remove the air temp sensor by simply pulling it out of the rubber bung in the intake tract. In the photo below the air temp sensor has been removed and is sitting on the rubber bung.

The the square bit next to the air temp sensor is an air pressure sensor. The fastener that is holding it in place also secures the intake tract. Remove the fastener and gently move the air pressure sensor and the attached tubing aside.

What happened to the images for this "how to"?

Next fit the M18 oil drain plug into the O2 bung in the header.

Replace all of the covers making sure they are tightened to spec. If you never have refitting the bearclaw cover, it can be challenging. Take your time and get an extra set of hands. It is a tight fit with the triple K&Ns under it. But it will fit.

Make sure you have the appropriate tune loaded.

Excellent post, but unable to view your pictures?? :( is there any way I can remedy??:)
Thanks..

@GRAMPY it's a 7 year old thread. Maybe the @webmaster can reinstate the pics although I suspect they're gone for good.

Thanks fer that---I didn't notice the date, I tend ta read most any thing that pops into view, coz it's all good stuff--and I'm intending ter do this little mod' after struggling ta get new spark plugs in yesterday-
-'Twas like knitting with fog :laugh:

Then fit the K&N 62-1340 crankcase breather. This could take a little bit of time and patience. Space is limited.
I just did this mod, and I have a small problem, the 62-1340 is too big. I got the filter on with just a little struggle but when I go to tighten it the hose clamp just slips off. I have a 2015 rocket x. Is it possible that triumph changed the bung on the x?

Back