How to Install Triple K&Ns Under BearClaw

This something I've been comtemplating for a long time. How is the intake noise after adding the triple? I've heard it sounds like the engine is knocking at times (sound not actual knocking), which would be rather unpleasant. On the other hand, a big triple sucking in gobs of air could cool!!:D

Bomber - You will be too lean with any of the stock tunes, you will need a PCIII or Tuneboy, especially if removing the O2 sensor. You don't have to have the O2 eliminator with Tuneboy. Welcome to the site BTW.

JLM Thanks.

TxRIIIRider- there is more intake noise but I think it sounds good. There is some occasional intake whistling too. As Wayne from tuneboy said, it is the sound of horsepower being made.

Last edited:
I did this mod this weekend. I took the brackets off that held the bear claw on and got some slightly longer bolts then put three washers behind each bracket to push them out about a 1/4 inch. It made the claw go on much easier.

You do hear an occasional chirp when you blip the throttle and also can hear the valves slamming shut I think.

many thanks pig,looks like the tuneboy for me then.is there a specific tune with it or do you dial in your own.sorry to be a pain .
the secondary throttle butterflies that you removed in the photos should i do that or is there provision for it with the tuneboy setup
once again mate
many thanks :confused:

Bomber- Depends on your exhaust set up. However it is always better to get a dyno tune. In Tuneboy you can set the secondaries open. I just went ahead and removed them on my bike. Speedtrip (whose bike is in the photos) decided the same.

many many thanks pig
will keep you posted on how i get on
just found out the filters are on back order in the uk (six weeks):mad::mad::mad::mad:
best regards
bomber

Wiring Check - Mis-Fires

While the tank is up check all connectors and especially the coils for loose connection.
This caused my bike to mis-fire, cut out and poor peformance.

K&N Install

Brian:
Did my install today disassembly/assembly went very
smoothly. All tasks met and exceeded, 5 K&N filters 3 with Wet Precharge covers. Software install again very smooth. I think the hardest part of the day was trying to look at the screen in the bright light. Runs great, smooth, no real decell problems, bike actually seems quieter with the throttle bodies doing there thing. Power band seems a little higher. Left bear claw off looks better without especially with my bright red covers. Stuck the overflow bottle in the old air filter spot, easy access and visibility. Once again many, many thanks. Did I mention it was Rocket fast?????

3 K & N Install

Normally after doing an upgrade/modification to my Rocket I'm on the road to see how it all works together. Unfortunately it's raining so I'm here to thank Pig9r again and rave a little about the 3 K&N plus tune upgrade. Did I use any words like awesome, Rocket, sweet, ****ing unbelievable, power in the palm of your hand, this thing hauls,
HD kiss my ASS, to describe it? If not feel free to add them on for me. May not reinstall the BearClaw, the bike looks the balls with just the 3 throttle bodies, K&N's and bright Red Pre-Chargers that I installed. Well I'm coming out of it now.
Be Well mjbell1

Back