How to by pass ignition switch? Please tell me how to bypass.

Terminater

.060 Over
Hello,
I have read many threads about people bypassing the switch when they have problems. Could I get a complete how to, and what wires to do.
Thanks

Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed

Link Removed

Turbocharged

559 Posts

Thank you this what I need in my tool pouch. My bike attacked stupid tonight, and all I thought was oh crap no plan.
* Can I just run the whole bike off a toggle, and say screw the switch all together.

* Can I just run the whole bike off a toggle, and say screw the switch all together.

That is what I have been doing for three years. The Rocket has a built in theft prevention device.....its intimidating to most riders. That said, reinstall the old switch so you can still use the fork lock.

Don't see why not.
might throw a couple of extra toggels on it
that have to be in the correct position to start.
Might keep folks from starting it when they aren't authorized by you.

Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed

Link Removed

Turbocharged

559 Posts

I am interested in bypassing the ignition all together but being a big zero in electrics I could use a more elementary explanation of the procedure shown above I.E does the ignition switch pigtail remain or is it removed all together

Popped the tank, and found the guy that had it before me with 10,000 on has some butt splices on the switch as if he had issues before.
Kind of pisses me off that a guy who rides with my friend could have just told me when I ask if it every had any problems when I bought it.
Heck I would have still bought it because it is not a hugh issue to repair in my garage.
Man I could have been in N Dakota when this stuff would happen.
What a Jerk I think he is now.
Matter fact I will be confronting in front of everyone at bike night tonight.
I am pissed the more I think about it

I am interested in bypassing the ignition all together but being a big zero in electrics I could use a more elementary explanation of the procedure shown above I.E does the ignition switch pigtail remain or is it removed all together

You can remove the pigtail but you need a good weather proof switch.

Back