scot in exile

Living Legend
Ride
2011 Rocket
A few of you know that I Bought this Honda Magna a while ago for $800. my wife and daughter have been riding it around not far just around town anyhow after putting a couple of hundred miles on the big boy today I jumped on the magne and put just under a hundred on it and boy it is one smooth ride.
Nice quiet gear change, pretty comfy seat(for it being soft) runs like a dream, the bike had been sitting for three years and would not start but it turned over okay cleaned the carbs, installed new pet cock oil change new plugs and away it went.
It is a fun bike and for a 750 it can move with that V4 engine.

image.jpg

image.jpg

triples and v4s forever i say!!!!!! best of both worlds, and the sound of a motorcycle v4 can be intoxicating, triples well... almost, but v4s are more expensive to manufacture. dont see too many of them over the years. i wish yamaha would take that big beautiful 1700 v4 and put it in a cruiser/ touring platform ontop of just the one model it is in. retune it for more torque, less hp, ive asked them a few times to do this but no response, i mean what the hell do i know, ive only been riding forty years, and have no experience in motorcycle marketing!

I had a 1987 Super Magna 700 a few years ago. She was in great shape. Original pipes and all. Very peppy, but not a rocket.

024.JPG

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 050.JPG
    050.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 2
I still have my V65 Sabre..... the Honda V4 was way ahead of it's time...........

Back