Ride
2008 Triumph Rocket 3, 1997 Honda Valkyrie, Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 classic
...I have owned and rode a 2008 Triumph Rocket since 2012. I have put around 20,000 hard miles on the bike and absolutely love it. Hitting the throttle is like a crack high (I am guessing because I have never taken crack).

I also own a 1997 Honda Valkyrie, and a 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan. I have put around 10,000 miles on the Valk. I ride it alot tamer, as it is the bike my wife likes to ride on with. I have put about 10,000 on the Vulcan as well, mostly solo.

I bought all the bikes within a couple a months in 2012. I had just been awarded a 100% permanent and total disability from the Marine Corps...OORAH and more importantly SEMPER FI to all Marines of any age anywhere.

I have Gulf War Illness, Pancreatic Cancer, Myasthenia Gravis, Non-Alcoholic Steateohepatis from heavy exposure to Trichloroethylene as a F-4 Phantom Jet Mechanic, tumors in spleen, liver, and lungs, so I figured I better post soon, or possibly not at all...

Abdominal pain has kept me off the bikes for about the last 8 months, but I am having metal electrodes implanted in my spine pretty soon to try to help control the pain. It will probably be next spring before I can stay on a bike for any length of time.

I have often joked that I would prefer to die on a bike. Believe me it is much preferable to dying in a bed. Like a true Scot...better to die in battle than in bed. I know Valhalla awaits.

I am not fishing for empathy, as all true Warriors eventually reach Valhalla. It just takes some more lifetimes than others. For me it took a few.
GEDC3355.JPG
I wanted to show off my new website...nothing is for sale...just a work of art...at least to me. I have actively raised American Bulldogs for the last twenty years, and it is hard to tell where my family ends and the dogs start at this point. www.brownscreekbulldogs.com

I have read the board for about a year now, and find the members very interesting. I figure we all share some common blood somewhere back, as many of the responses were my own thoughts.

Sincerely & Semper Fi,
David Scott Douthit

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. I'm sorry for your illness...but don't forget, you are a member of a very large "Brotherhood" (Veterans)...Mike

Welcome aboard Dave I cannot say SEMPER FI because I am a ex squid but from a squid to a Marine I can say and mean thank you!!!!
No need to tell you how to enjoy life because you are already there!!!!!!!!

Welcome aboard Dave and thank you for your service and sacrifice. I wish you well. Great photo, thanks for sharing.

Back