Dimundo

.020 Over
Ride
2005 r3, 1999 TBS
Hello....
I need some tune ecu help. I am all connected and using a good cable from Lon elec....but when I go to read the map on the bike it says unknown map type.

I do have a tune open in the program...it's the one I intend to load onto the bike...does it matter if it's open?

Is the tune that you have loaded a tune for the standard RIII? If you have a Roadster or R3T tune loaded then it will cause problems. It will cause even more problems if you then try to download it into a Standard RIII.

Hello....
I need some tune ecu help. I am all connected and using a good cable from Lon elec....but when I go to read the map on the bike it says unknown map type.

I do have a tune open in the program...it's the one I intend to load onto the bike...does it matter if it's open?
Your map is a out dated one. Tune ecu will not read them except for the tune number. Just load a correct updated tune and you should be good to go.
Pay attention to what Ian said you will screw things up loading the wrong map like a roadster or touring map they have a different ecu.
What do you have on your bike for filtration and pipes?

I ended up just loading a new tune into the ecu.. The bike is all stock for now. I used a tune from tune ecu website to open up the secondaries.

I did notice in the diagnostics that my throttle bodies are a little off...two of them are right on the money the third one is off just a little. I will balance them once I install a ram air setup...Cvitkovich don't want to remove all of the intake plumbing until I get the ram air.

Any tips on a good tune to load with an all stock setup?

I ended up just loading a new tune into the ecu.. The bike is all stock for now. I used a tune from tune ecu website to open up the secondaries.

I did notice in the diagnostics that my throttle bodies are a little off...two of them are right on the money the third one is off just a little. I will balance them once I install a ram air setup...Cvitkovich don't want to remove all of the intake plumbing until I get the ram air.

Any tips on a good tune to load with an all stock setup?
Not much you can do with the stock set up once you go with air filters it will need a little more fuel but really you need to think pipe Breathe in Breathe out.
Also you most likely will not get the TB balanced exactly so close as possible will work.

So basically the ram air isn't going to help that much until I eliminate the cat and put better exhaust on.

Or will just eliminating the cat help?

So basically the ram air isn't going to help that much until I eliminate the cat and put better exhaust on.

Or will just eliminating the cat help?
Getting rid of the cat will help some but you need at least some TORS on her or another after market pipe. I ran mine with the OEM can and the cat delete she had a little more rumble along with a touch more spunk.

Back