HELP!! Taller Handlebars

tsmith

.040 Over
Wanting to adding risers and taller handlebars to my 2011 roadster and don't know where to get longer throttle cables and clutch cable. Looks like the wires and brake will reach with some re-routing. If any one has any idea please post and let me know. Thanks

Rivco risers will raise 2" and back 1", that is the limit for the stock cables and brake line. The kit comes with a brake line re locator for where it mounts to the tree. If you make alterations further than the Rivco part, brake line and cable will have to be replaced. The suggested sources for parts have been listed on other threads, use the search tab at the top to find past listings.
It's been suggested that having the brake line custom made as a permanent "Y" will help eliminate bleeding trapped air problems.

Just fitted a set of fat Thunderbike T-Bars that have had an extra 75mm added to the height. I was able to re-route the throttle cables and used a Classic clutch cable which is 75mm longer than the Standards clutch cable. I will need to have a new brake line made-up but i'm riding around ok with the stock one. These bars are a fair bit higher than the stock bars/rivco riser set-up.

All Classic cables with the exception of the first year 06 (when they did not have the pull back bars yet) are longer then standards do to the pull back bars. You can get Barnet to make you longer ones also.

Just fitted a set of fat Thunderbike T-Bars that have had an extra 75mm added to the height. I was able to re-route the throttle cables and used a Classic clutch cable which is 75mm longer than the Standards clutch cable. I will need to have a new brake line made-up but i'm riding around ok with the stock one. These bars are a fair bit higher than the stock bars/rivco riser set-up.

Hey Tomcat could we get a pic of that setup?
O

When my computer-literate girlfriend gets back from visiting family i will get her assistance to post a couple of photos of the new bars/cables. Be in a week or so.

I thought I read on a post there was someone who was making 6" risers. Did anyone see that and did it happen?

T-bar photos

Hope you can make out the re-routed throttle cables, wiring for the switch blocks( unplugged them under the tank and ran them above the frame rails , get bars internally wired in the future) Brake line just makes it, but done 1,000 klms since changed the bars and has'nt been a problem. Bars measure 13 inches from top of triple tree. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• P5050052.jpg
    P5050052.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 662
  • P5050053.jpg
    P5050053.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 645
  • P5050054.jpg
    P5050054.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 569
Back