Help needed from 2009 rocket classic owner in the uk!

TEDS1

Standard Bore
I have 2009 triumph rocket classic. It has a cat bypass pipe TORS and a K&N filter! Can anyone tell what they think should be the correct ecu map with current set up? Also I have recently replaced the Throttle position sensor switch due to a long standing issue! Occasionally and usually when I've given the rocket a thrashing it cuts out on deceleration, hence I've changed the TPS!! But it still cuts out now and again, last thing I need is the beast locking up that large back end!! Any of you guys have any ideas to either of these issues thx!

i will give this before i leave for the weekend.
i have tors on my 07 and after i ride it hard (warmed up real good) it backfires threw the pipes mainly around 1500 rpm is that what you are experiencing. If not you probably need to explain further
i think some have tunes that minimizes this. i like the way mines sounds if i am around a cop i just pull the clutch on.

Yes mine also backfires! But I expect that with the TORS and Decat pipe. No as I explained in original message my issue is the bike cuts out on occasion locking up the back end which means I have to be pretty alert in dipping the clutch and restarting the bike!

Ok so you stated a k&N filter so I am going to interperate this as a single K&N under the seat? In that case if you do not have any of the tuning software I would say the closest tune you can get is the OEM riumph tune for the Tors and cat delete. If this is what you have and your secondary throttle plates are still on the bike. then I would suspect a couple things should be checked. One being the idle stepper motor You should do a full ISCV reset and while your at it check the low tension leads on the coils they tend to losen up and give eratic spark signal. easy to fix just pull them off and rerimp with a pair of needle nose pliers, clean the coil post add some dialetric grease to them they should go on snugly. I am not sure if you had Triumph change out the TPS but if not it should be sent when the idle stepper motor is in full retract. Both tuning softwares have the ability to do this. Its not just a matter of setting the voltage as it sits because your stepper motor might be holding the throttle open and not in whats considered closed position.
Hope this helps

Hi, I have an 07 classic, I can't help with the map but mine was cutting out every now and then, it turned out to be an ignition wire. Next time it happens lift the tank and feel the large connecting block with seven wires in it. Mine was hot and one of the wires was breaking down inside the block. I had to cut out the connector and solder all the wires together.
you should fit the eastern beaver headlight relay kit if it hasn't already been done to save you more grief later.

I think I had the same problem as Doug. I found the offending wire and bridged the connector block with a new wire. I put a connector in that wire so I could still separate it if needed.

Back