Help me find bar end mirrors

mully95

Living Legend
Ride
Roadster
As of the moment I have the black Triumph tear drop mirrors on my Roadster. They vibrate like crazy and have not liked them since day one. I have tried to remedy the situation but that went over like a fart in church. Read here for the debacle: http://www.r3owners.net/threads/advise-on-mirror-installation-needed.19606/ I haven't tried TOMCATs remedy for using washers because I've decided that I want bar end mirrors. After finding and installing bar end mirrors I might find out they vibrate worse or they might not vibrate at all. Either way I want bar end mirrors regardless for mostly cosmetic reasons.
After doing a little shopping around I have found that I'm not sure what will fit my bike. When I place my order I would like to get the right mirrors the first time another words. Now with your help I'm sure I will find the proper size, fitment, and how to on overall installation. Not to long ago when I was browsing around on here I found a pic of a Roadster with bar end mirrors and I saved it for later reference. If you own or know who owns this Roadster I would greatly appreciate you contacting me with the bar end mirror information. I will share the information on this thread and that way when someone is in the look out for bar end mirrors and don't what to get maybe they will run across this thread.

34411_50eb371bfccdce313169bdb21d4e382a.jpg

They look to make the bike wider and could hamper lane splitting!!! :p:evil::banghead:

Mully :D g'day mate .. i've just fitted new black teardrop mirrors to my bike. 4 stainless washers on each mirror. No vibration at all. Can't help with advice with the bar-ends .. you wouldn't take it anyway :D

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vinta...k-aluminum-barend-folding-mirror-60-0381.html

http://www.amazon.com/BikeMaster-Bar-End-Mirror-Adapters/dp/B00BV41RFG/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1417955951&sr=8-3-fkmr1&keywords=biltwell bar end adaptor

You want one of the top link, its both mirrors, and two of the 1" adaptors from amazon. No vibration, works a treat, but do remember these are fairly small mirrors that are fairly far from your face, so while it is very easy to see a car through them, its not particularly easy to see details (like is that a blue light on top of the car).

Yes I like them, yes I would do it again, no I will never go back to the above bar mirrors, if anything I will reposition these to stick "down" from the bar even more out of the way.

Don't be afraid to use some serious force when installing bar end mirrors to lock them in place :)

Pics of this setup installed on my bike:

Pic1.jpg
Pic 2.jpg

As of the moment I have the black Triumph tear drop mirrors on my Roadster. They vibrate like crazy and have not liked them since day one. I have tried to remedy the situation but that went over like a fart in church. Read here for the debacle: http://www.r3owners.net/threads/advise-on-mirror-installation-needed.19606/ I haven't tried TOMCATs remedy for using washers because I've decided that I want bar end mirrors. After finding and installing bar end mirrors I might find out they vibrate worse or they might not vibrate at all. Either way I want bar end mirrors regardless for mostly cosmetic reasons.
After doing a little shopping around I have found that I'm not sure what will fit my bike. When I place my order I would like to get the right mirrors the first time another words. Now with your help I'm sure I will find the proper size, fitment, and how to on overall installation. Not to long ago when I was browsing around on here I found a pic of a Roadster with bar end mirrors and I saved it for later reference. If you own or know who owns this Roadster I would greatly appreciate you contacting me with the bar end mirror information. I will share the information on this thread and that way when someone is in the look out for bar end mirrors and don't what to get maybe they will run across this thread.

34411_50eb371bfccdce313169bdb21d4e382a.jpg

Funny thing about that pic is that the owner has gone to the trouble of fitting smaller, bar end mirrors and shorter indicator stems AND then gone and added those fugly hard bags and stupid screen, completely spoiling the look of the bike.

It's also got the plate tucked upwards towards the fender :p I like the mirrors, but prefer them when they are mounted under vs over the bar, aesthetically.

You want one of the top link, its both mirrors, and two of the 1" adaptors from amazon. No vibration, works a treat, but do remember these are fairly small mirrors that are fairly far from your face, so while it is very easy to see a car through them, its not particularly easy to see details (like is that a blue light on top of the car).

Yes I like them, yes I would do it again, no I will never go back to the above bar mirrors, if anything I will reposition these to stick "down" from the bar even more out of the way.

Don't be afraid to use some serious force when installing bar end mirrors to lock them in place :)

Pics of this setup installed on my bike:

Now this is what I was asking for because I know now what to order. Thanks!
However I've hit a dilemma.... I forgot all about the throttle lock I have made by Kaoko.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/shop-by-bike/triumph/rocket-iii-04-12?brand=Kaoko

I will have to lose the throttle lock for the mirrors. :(

Anyway around it so I can have both?

I don't think so, you can keep the stock bar end outside of mirrors if you really wanted to, but I cannot think of a way to use that type of lock with the bar ends.

You could use the palm rest style, crampbuster or throttle boss I think they are called.

Mully :D g'day mate .. i've just fitted new black teardrop mirrors to my bike. 4 stainless washers on each mirror. No vibration at all. Can't help with advice with the bar-ends .. you wouldn't take it anyway :D

Fitted CRG Lanesplitters bar-ends to my Speed Triple. Found they distorted distances and vibrated so bad i coudn't see if i had a cop car behind me. Sold them to a mate that mainly does track days on his Street Triple. Put the standard mirrors back on .. no washers required :D

Back