Help! Flip's Paddock Stand

dobro

Supercharged
Ride
2011 R3T
I have a 2011 R3 Touring. I have Flip's paddock stand. I have the Craftsman breaker bar and extension specified in the instructions. I am a reasonably strong man. I cannot raise the bike onto the paddock stand, at least short of an inguinal or disc herniation. I'd add a pipe onto the bar to increase leverage but the instructions warn against it. If you have raised a TOURING -- not a roadster -- onto that paddock stand without adding pipe onto the breaker bar please share your method with me. Thanks.

Last edited:
Here's how one guy does it:

Here's how I plan to do it with another stand: http://www.becker-technik.de/Rocket_3_Lifter/body_rocket_3_lifter.html assuming I can get an answer from them. They made the stand to be liftable by standing on a lever instead of wrenching with ones arms.

Thanks for posting the video. The guy in it is using a pipe on the breaker bar for additional leverage and I know if I did I could raise the bike, but the instructions warn against it.

Yeah, my plan (once I can get around to it for financial and other reasons) is to get a hydraulic lifter as well (the simple stand would be ideal for wintering the bike, the hydraulic lifter for work and cleaning.)

One of these adapter plates (just to be on the safe side) and then a lifter, either the expensive Kern-Stabi or a more affordable variant.

http://kern-stabi.suedlichtservice....d=188&osCsid=30e5f6433f38b4f91d8436e409435391

I'd just extend the breaker bar if I were you, but that's just me.

"Wintering the bike" what is that? :D
I ride mine year around. Location has a bunch to do with it but have rode in 17 degree weather. :confused:

Yeah, once there is tons of ice and snow on the road and you risk freezing a testicle off just walking to the car to say nothing of the bike I do put mine up...

Hi I have flips stand and it is one of the best mods I have. Once your used to it, its great it takes nerve (balls) the first couple of times but the bike is always rock solid. I did get my stand with the L and R on the wrong side, even the best of us make mistakes. basically the round bits need to be facing the forks and the angle at the back. I put one hand on the bar and one on the handle bars and up she goes the guy on the video seemed to make hard work of it but if it was his first time I do understand. Mine sits on the stand once cooled so I can sit on it upright on rainy days!

Back