Ceenimac

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3 Roaster
Hi, I have just bought a new Rocket 3 Roadster and covered first 600 miles, and I have to say what a bike? Previous bikes include 1987 GSXR 750, Bandit 1200n, Fire Blade, SV1000, Bandit 1250 again, CB1000R and just sold 2011 GSXR 750. March 1st I picked up a new Rocket 3 Roadster from Triumph Edinburgh. This is an extreme change for me from sports bike to this great beast of a horse. I just totally cleared my mind of riding style and concentrated on finding out what makes this thing tick.... and yes at first it felt like a tractor and was clumsy in the city and I found myself feathering the clutch and unsure when stopping and placing my foot. I can now say without fear of contradiction that this was my fault, not the bike. I was in the wrong gear, i was revving the bike to pull away and quickly changing through the box. This is not required, the bike will pull away on the flat with the clutch only. If you just chill out and sail along on the big bike she will respond with a smooth effortless ride in heavy traffic. When out on the road well you need to grab this thing by the throat and throw it into the corners and it does go round better than I expected, onto the power on the exit and off like a train..................... brilliant. Really enjoying this machine.......

Back