Heat shield alternative

Fingers

Living Legend
Ride
2015 R3T
This may or may not work for those looking for heat shields.Saw in J&P cataloug ,they call it flexible heat shield wrap.Item#161-601,161-602&178-525 This was an H- D catalog

Must be my high tolerance for pain or maybe some sick sexual gratification I get from it but the heat from the Rocket never bothers me.o_O

Me either.

I can feel it when stopped, but it's no big deal to me.

Now if I were dumb enough to ride in shorts; maybe. But I'm not that dumb.

Must be my high tolerance for pain or maybe some sick sexual gratification I get from it but the heat from the Rocket never bothers me.o_O

I agree....I never notice the heat unless stopped in hot weather and even then it is cooler than my Harley. And to think I was worried about that!

If I had a stock header and shield system and thought it was to hot I would find some spacers and longer screws to bring the shield out some. This will let more air circulate between them. I would not be afraid to go up to say 3/8" and attach some heat wrap to the shield via Permatex high heat form a gasket. This will help retain the original look. Also what mods have you done if any and what ECU Map are you running? Maybe a richer mix along with some fan adjustment might help you Via Tune Boy or Tune ECU.

Never a heat issue with the stock header . . .
The CES rose the temp for me - BUT - TWAS WELL WORTH IT!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

more concerned about burning my jeans personally but fixed that bought some simple horse riding lower leg chaps they have loop that goes under foot and do up with velcro similar to what your sister made Steve @1olbull :thumbsup:

I meant for this for rockets W/performance headers& exhaust systems I also have no problem W/stock system.GuessI should have worded thread differently

more concerned about burning my jeans personally but fixed that bought some simple horse riding lower leg chaps they have loop that goes under foot and do up with velcro similar to what your sister made Steve @1olbull :thumbsup:

Cool Beans, Mate!
With the leggin I don't have to concern myself about keeping enough outboard clearance distance to save my britches.
No heat issues with the leggins either.
My only issue is that my bad back and right hip prevent me from reaching down to the outside of my right ankle to properly secure the velcro. :eek: :roll:
Thinking I shall have her instal eyelets and a lace that I can pull up snug from the top and tie at the knee.

Back