Hating My Rocket...you can have it!

steelboss

.040 Over
Hi All,
just need to get this off my chest... I have a 2008 R3T and in my last post some days ago i was trying to figure how to deal with my missing second gear problem. I hate to have to drive going from 1st to 3rd gear. In that post i was snickering :rolleyes: about having bought an extra pair of grips at Triumph in Perth that i did not need at the time.
So, the day before yesterday my throttle grip broke again... It was on my bike for only three weeks since the last one broke. Now my bike is parked again for the second time in one month. I need a new throttle grip and new gears :mad:.
So what is it about a TOURING BIKE that Triumph did not understand when they decided to design PLASTIC :whitstling: cable sockets in the grips... i mean Steel Cable + Plasitc = Walk Home..right? :cautious:. I have owned my 2008 Touring for almost 2 years and this is the 4th time I need to fix the throttle grip. I am not comfortable to take the bike very far anymore and the gears are bad and very difficult to shift. The bike is really heavy and does not like to stop. It is really like driving an 870 pound bowling ball.
I am a loyal rider. Over the past 36 years I owned 2 Yamaha, 3 Kawasaki, a few Chinese/USA rigs, and the Triumph. Even though the Triumph is the most beautiful bike i have owned, it also disappoints me the most in terms of expectation vs. results. I want to get the Kawasaki GTR1400 or BMW K1600
I am giving my R3T away for free as as soon as I fix it. Any takers? (Pictures attached)!!

20140327_181913rocket 2300.JPG
b13.jpg

Already have one, thanks - but I'd love that trunk setup! Is that mounted on the rack that comes with Triumph's quick release passenger backrest? What kind of trunk is it? I'd love to see pictures about how you went about mounting it.

Hi all,
I am not a yanker.. I am just a normal rider. I don't go around gunning the engine. The grips are really cheaply designed.
My trunk was made by Tsukayu Japan and custom match painted by them. They have all the Triumph paints. After they shipped the trunk to me, I ordered a pair of 1952 Ford tail lights from Ebay and had those sent to China also and I put them together. The picture below is from Tsukayu. Since then I have added 2 more lights. My trunk has 4 lights today.

Free bike.... I will take it and ship it to OZ.
Are you serious?

Good onya Mittzy .. hahahaha .. yet to meet.. find .. read about or hear of anybody (outside of a psychiatric unit that is) that gives away a near new motorcycle :roll:

I believe you have kuryaken ISO grips, ( not a triumph grip) maybe they were installed incorrectly.
I have the same grips no problems. All grips are plastic.
Maybe you have a problem with one of the cables binding? The stock cables are cheap. Motion pro are made much better. IMO

Problem maybe those parts are made in China!? Could you talk to someone in China since you are there and ask them to make their products a little better. QUALITY CONTROL is a good thing. LOL

Ps. I'll take the seat!!

Just breaking your stones. Sorry about your problems.

Just bite the bullet and get it fixed and you will have years of enjoyment ahead of you.

If u get a new bike you will have sellers remorse, because nothing will equal your R3T.

Back