Watcher

It's about the journey not just the ride
Ride
2017 slingshot
Ok I went to the drag strip behind the house tonight for open bike night first time this year and and first time on the 2014 touring at the track so here is how it went at the top under left I'm #23 on all the tickets

first run not to bad trouble hooking up slow reaction time
1.JPG

2nd run slow reaction time but better run

2.JPG

3rd run getting better

3.JPG

last run
4.JPG

on this run I was in the right lane instead of left but great reaction time and 60 foot time I think if I could play a few more runs I can get 11.5 by droping air pressuer taking off wind screen just some small things I was proud of my fat touring tonight :D

my old one best time was 11.2?? and set up the same but did not get the slip out of the bag after the reck so cant prove it but I will get it on this one to just need to run some more

my old one best time was 11.2?? and set up the same but did not get the slip out of the bag after the reck so cant prove it but I will get it on this one to just need to run some more
Anything happening this weekend at the track?

Wow, that is super fast. How did you come off the line? Feather the clutch with full throttle, or full throttle and clutch release? Wheel spin or wheelie problems?

Great question. I have never officially raced street bikes and have over the years played with stop light to stop light sprints. On my old VMax, I could get the best “feel” from the feather launch without spinning the tire but never knew if I was actually getting the best launch that way. I was mainly trying to keep from losing traction and dumping the bike and of course not drawing Johnny Law's ear too much... So how did you do it Watcher? Enquiring minds want to know...

Ok I went to the drag strip behind the house tonight for open bike night first time this year and and first time on the 2014 touring at the track so here is how it went at the top under left I'm #23 on all the tickets

first run not to bad trouble hooking up slow reaction time
1.JPG

2nd run slow reaction time but better run

2.JPG

3rd run getting better

3.JPG

last run
4.JPG

on this run I was in the right lane instead of left but great reaction time and 60 foot time I think if I could play a few more runs I can get 11.5 by droping air pressuer taking off wind screen just some small things I was proud of my fat touring tonight :D

What bike were you racing on that last run? He was surely catching up to you?

Back