FalconR3CT

.020 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Classic Tourer
Hello All,

Recently purchased a used 2007 Rocket 3 Classic Tourer.
I moved from my 2005 Triumph Sprint ST so my wife would feel more comfortable and secure while riding with me. The Sprint was an Excellent bike and had a little over 98,000 miles on the clock at trade in. She was still riding strong but I could tell it was coming.

Most of our rides are with friends that all have Harleys, the crap I would hear about the Sprint but when they saw her run most kept quite.

The new ride is a Blue and Silver Tourer and had a little over 12,000 on the odometer. I have added about 1200 miles in the three weeks since buying her. She is definitely a different ride than the Sprint but very smooth.

A couple of issues that I have to have the dealer address, low fuel light that comes on after using 4.5 gallons, an outstanding recall about stalling, and the only thing that is really annoying me, the throttle that seems to get stuck at about 2,000 rpm every once and a while. Getting ready to come to a stop and the engine acts like their is a cruise control that didn't shut off.
If I shut down the engine and restart it is fine for a little bit but come back, especially on cold days.
Besides the issue with the throttle, I love the Rocket. My friends had no idea it was a Triumph until they got close and their jaws dropped when I did the conversion from the 2.3 Liter, 2300cc to 140 cubic inches. :). They thought their 103 and 110's were big, hehehe, evil grin.

Anyway, Looking forward to reading more on the forum and hearing from some of the more experienced Rocket riders. Especially when I start adding the "upgrades".

Ride safe.
Falcon

Attachments

• 20140829_063312.jpg
    20140829_063312.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
G'day and welcome. The low fuel light is supposed to come on when you have used 4.5 gallons, so that is at spec. The engine Rev problem is probably the Primary TPS.

Welcome from Germany! If it's an 07 check to see if it hade the update kit or EBrelay mods done?
She'll give you never ending pleasure provided you give her fuel to eat every 190 miles or so ;)

Not too many of the Tourers around so you've got yourself a bit of a rarity. My '09 had the throttle problem, but only twice. Each time it stayed fixed after shut down and restart - well, the second time anyway (4 years ago). I was told it was the TPS.
I can't offer any advice to help your friends' jaw problem other than to make sure you keep rubbing it in and maybe they'll get used to it. ;) Must look pretty funny - them with their jaws hanging open and you with an idiot grin. :laugh:
Welcome aboard

Welcome from Germany! If it's an 07 check to see if it hade the update kit or EBrelay mods done?
She'll give you never ending pleasure provided you give her fuel to eat every 190 miles or so ;)
Thank you.
It seems stock but what is the update kit and EBrelay?

Not too many of the Tourers around so you've got yourself a bit of a rarity. My '09 had the throttle problem, but only twice. Each time it stayed fixed after shut down and restart - well, the second time anyway (4 years ago). I was told it was the TPS.
I can't offer any advice to help your friends' jaw problem other than to make sure you keep rubbing it in and maybe they'll get used to it. ;) Must look pretty funny - them with their jaws hanging open and you with an idiot grin. :laugh:
Welcome aboard
Thanks Canberra.
I had to shut down and restart twice during a ride into work this morning. Second time seemed to work but hate not having power when riding.
It was in the low 40's this morning and thought the cold had something to do with it. I called Triumph customer service and they said they think it is a sticking o-ring. ???

As far as may friends go, I rub it in especially when I hit the throttle and fly my rocket while they sit back.:cool::cool::cool:
I can only imagine what they would think of the Carpenter Engine upgrade would do. :evil::D

Welcome to the forum,glad to see someone who lives under 100 miles of me. All my dealers down here have either retired or gone out of business, curious to see if your happy with your dealer. I saw a dealer near Max's BMW wasn't open when i rode by.

Thanks Canberra.
I had to shut down and restart twice during a ride into work this morning. Second time seemed to work but hate not having power when riding.
It was in the low 40's this morning and thought the cold had something to do with it. I called Triumph customer service and they said they think it is a sticking o-ring. ???

As far as may friends go, I rub it in especially when I hit the throttle and fly my rocket while they sit back.:cool::cool::cool:
I can only imagine what they would think of the Carpenter Engine upgrade would do. :evil::D
No Falcon its the primary TPS sensor you need to order a new one and do a Full ISCV reset and she will be fine. Two questions one you said yours was a 07 tourer does it have a silver engine? and two where in NH are you up north near Berlin?

G'day and Welcome ... graphite paint job I see .. nice. Falcon did you put all those miles on your Sprint ? Bet you spent a lot of time sitting on the side of the road on the Sprint waiting for the "hogs" to catch up .. nothing going to change now you're on the Rocket ;)

Back