Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Alignment or balance issues

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Other Mechanical problem

Votes: 25 6.8%
  • No Problems... bike runs fine

Votes: 169 45.8%

• Total voters
Loosing Tyre air pressure must be an 05 thing mine is exactly the same Rear more that front weekly **** annoying :( ditto on the seat

The seat is my only gripe too. To hard after about 300k Julie has the same complaint with pillion seat. The gel roadster was better for me but Julie hated it so I put the orinal seat back on.

no problems, almost

2005 24kmiles, one front tube oil seal leak. I did have clutch shift problems, but found there was no bushing in my lever. 10mm hole, 3mm pin. Made it hard to keep the clutch adjustment correct. I put a bushing in and that cleared right up. I had to wonder about that as I had let a dealer do the 10k checks.

idle and tps problems ignition switch

I've had ignition switch problems, now having tps and idle problems

TPS - Idle Issue

i just bought a 2007 Rocket 3 with 18,000 miles. i have had Harleys and Big dog K9 which are the V-Twins. This was my first on the Rocket and bought it due to it was so much different. Well, right off the bat it had Idle issues and stalling issues at steady cruising speeds. Took it to dealer many times and they would adjust the TPS and ect but withing 100 miles it would act up again. They finally replaced the TPS and the cruising speed seems to be corrected but there is still a slight stall at idle and you gradually give it the throttle. this has not been corrected yet. gues i may have to live with it since all other aspects of the bike are good now.

Rick

Issues?? Did anyone mention broken throttle grip?

I think the broken throttle grip is almost as prevelent as the ignition switch. My ignition switch is original (and I am doing the headlamp relay ASAP) but I am on my second heated grip, which broke shortly after I purchased my bike last summer. I posted a thread addressing my repair and have not had any issues with it yet. I also had to help a fellow this past fall over in NH who lost his throttle, so that's two in one summer and several of you reported the same failure.

Finally went to 3 relay system

We Gang I finally went to 3 relay system, took around 3 hrs to rewire this beast. Placed relays under tank all the way up front. tank fit back real nice. I'm enjoying the ride in the morning:D

i just bought a 2007 Rocket 3 with 18,000 miles. i have had Harleys and Big dog K9 which are the V-Twins. This was my first on the Rocket and bought it due to it was so much different. Well, right off the bat it had Idle issues and stalling issues at steady cruising speeds. Took it to dealer many times and they would adjust the TPS and ect but withing 100 miles it would act up again. They finally replaced the TPS and the cruising speed seems to be corrected but there is still a slight stall at idle and you gradually give it the throttle. this has not been corrected yet. gues i may have to live with it since all other aspects of the bike are good now.

Rick

Your dealer may have installed the new TPS properly, but likely did not test for or reset for the proper resistance (I think). Also, the stepper motor may require a slight adjustment to both ensure a proper idle setting, while preventing the stalling issue that has been created.

You should really reach out to our resident expert here, Scott, aka Warp 9.9 (his screen name), and he will give you the accurate gospel about your minor problem so that the dealer can get it right. The condition you described is not one you should have to "live with".;)

Back