Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Alignment or balance issues

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Other Mechanical problem

Votes: 25 6.8%
  • No Problems... bike runs fine

Votes: 169 45.8%

• Total voters
Sounds like dealer prep more than anything where did you buy it and how are they treating you if things are falling off are they also a Harley dealer:D just kidding but sound like dealer prep to me .

John I think you said your dealer was taking care of the issues you have been having. And you certainly have had your share. I never get a 1st edition vehicle for that very reason. In my case every valve needed shimming at the 1st 10000. Now I'm ready for the 20000 this week and my dealer is tops as he wont charge me for shims again. I took it easy up there this past week,:rolleyes: but now I'm letting go.;)

So.. Could these problems be partially due to the dealer setups?
comments or thoughts? please vote in my poll!

My biggest problem has been one not listed as an option in your poll: finding a competent dealer. I've been thru 4 dealers in three states now, and still don't have one that is worth the gas required to get there. I have an 05 RIII, shifting into nuetral sometimes required a reclutch in the early days, and I still have what sounds like the paint can rattle when cold, but it has never caused any problems and neither any dealer nor Triumph in GA will do anything about it... until my final drive drain plug bolt was overtorqued and broke (result of service at dealer #4) I have never had to say my RIII was "out of service" as I have to say right now, I love the ride, but absolutely hate the absence of a competent, caring Triumph dealer, and until or unless I find one I hate to say it but I wouldn't buy another Triumph for that reason alone.

Letting go of that part I borrowed from you, excuse me parts. Actually it is noise with the rear tire Dennis. I stopped by the dealer today and they have 2 new faces :eek:. Man they go thru people.

Yeah, but I left with a two week notice. So hopefully I might (fingers crossed) be able to avail myself of employment there if they'll have me and they have an opening.

Dennis

18 dtg Dubai
19 dtg Home

My biggest problem has been one not listed as an option in your poll: finding a competent dealer. I've been thru 4 dealers in three states now, and still don't have one that is worth the gas required to get there. I have an 05 RIII, shifting into nuetral sometimes required a reclutch in the early days, and I still have what sounds like the paint can rattle when cold, but it has never caused any problems and neither any dealer nor Triumph in GA will do anything about it... until my final drive drain plug bolt was overtorqued and broke (result of service at dealer #4) I have never had to say my RIII was "out of service" as I have to say right now, I love the ride, but absolutely hate the absence of a competent, caring Triumph dealer, and until or unless I find one I hate to say it but I wouldn't buy another Triumph for that reason alone.

I feel your pain. I had a fantastic dealer... they went under last month.

.... no good deed goes unpunished.

cheers
geo

I'm on my second dealer at the moment.

I left the first dealer because

(1) "his mechanic" couldn't replicate the idle problem that I was experiencing even though I demonstrated it for him in the parking lot and explained to him how to do it again.:mad:

(2) I went in to get the upgrade kit installed before my warranty ran out last summer. He claimed that he didn't know what I was talking about... had called Triumph USA, and they didn't know what I was talking about either.:mad:

I called another dealer this week because I can't deal with it anymore..
He said that he knew what I was talking about and would file that paperwork to make it happen for me to just bring the bike in on the appointed day and he'd take care of it.:D

He hasn't taken care of it as yet because my appointment isn't here as yet, but I have confidence that he'll do what he said he's do.

By the way, he's a contracted service department attached to the dealer. He doesn't actually work for the dealer so warranty work isn't a big deal for him, it's just work.

I'm on my second dealer at the moment.

I left the first dealer because

(1) "his mechanic" couldn't replicate the idle problem that I was experiencing even though I demonstrated it for him in the parking lot and explained to him how to do it again.:mad:

(2) I went in to get the upgrade kit installed before my warranty ran out last summer. He claimed that he didn't know what I was talking about... had called Triumph USA, and they didn't know what I was talking about either.:mad:

I called another dealer this week because I can't deal with it anymore..
He said that he knew what I was talking about and would file that paperwork to make it happen for me to just bring the bike in on the appointed day and he'd take care of it.:D

He hasn't taken care of it as yet because my appointment isn't here as yet, but I have confidence that he'll do what he said he's do.

By the way, he's a contracted service department attached to the dealer. He doesn't actually work for the dealer so warranty work isn't a big deal for him, it's just work.

I received word from the new mechanic that Tri-USA approved the upgrade kit for my standard... nearly a year out of warranty (last July warranty ended). Its appears that Tri-USA is serious about making the mechanical issues right with the result being happy owners.:D

Back