• Alignment or balance issues

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Other Mechanical problem

Votes: 25 6.8%
  • No Problems... bike runs fine

Votes: 169 45.8%

• Total voters
Teething and Decel Problems Gone

When I bought my Rocket it was hard to change gear and find neutral, there was bad popping on decel with cat bypass and TORS, and the fuel gauge was not working - potentially the worst problem but luckily I twigged that it was doing to many mpgs even for running in and got to a garage just as it ran out.
The gauge was fixed and I was assured the trans would limber up - it did and is now fairly good.
I was fobbed off about the popping "It's because of the open pipes sir" they kept saying. "I've three other bikes with open pipes and none of them do it" I kept saying, to no avail, so I bought a Tuneboy. While I was figuring out what to do with it another tune recall came - I had it done and now it seems acceptable so I probably wont mess with it apart from releasing the lower gear power.

I've got about 6,000 miles on an '08 standard model purchased in July '08. Water pump had to be replaced at 4,000 because it was leaking a bit while cooling down. No other mechanical problems yet except for that annoying low fuel light coming on too **** soon. The dealer tried bending the float rod but that only changed it a little. I plan to adjust it myself when the weather warms up.
Oh, and I got a big 'ol nail jabbed in the sidewall of the rear tire. It went in perfectly so that it punctured the sidewall more than once. That hurt, I've never replaced a tire with so much tread still left on it. I was always careful not to burn out so that fat expensive tire would last, silly me.:kk:

When I bought my Rocket it was hard to change gear and find neutral, there was bad popping on decel with cat bypass and TORS, and the fuel gauge was not working - potentially the worst problem but luckily I twigged that it was doing to many mpgs even for running in and got to a garage just as it ran out.
The gauge was fixed and I was assured the trans would limber up - it did and is now fairly good.
I was fobbed off about the popping "It's because of the open pipes sir" they kept saying. "I've three other bikes with open pipes and none of them do it" I kept saying, to no avail, so I bought a Tuneboy. While I was figuring out what to do with it another tune recall came - I had it done and now it seems acceptable so I probably wont mess with it apart from releasing the lower gear power.

Most decel popping is caused by air leaks in the exhaust connections. I had a big problem with it after installing the D&D's. I fixed the problem by taking it off, sealing the slip joints with that high temp exhaust sealant that comes in a tube, and carefully reinstalling. You can check for leaks by holding a rag over the ends at idle and running your hand around the connections. If you do it while its stone cold the idle will be higher and the risk of getting burned is much lower. Still, be careful, I'd hate to be the cause of some one cooking their fingers.

head gasket

i had a blown head gasket at bout 15,000 miles rode it for bout another 3,000 before it got fixed 06 classic

2006 Triumph Rocket III Classic - Warped Rotors

On the way home from Daytona Bike Week my R3 developed a short and burnt the fuse box to a cinder. The short was in the fog lamp system and, unfortunately it was my fault. Triumph of Palm Beach is replacing the wiring harness, mucho buckos for this; however, the while road testing the bike they discovered that the rotors were warped (defective) and can be replaced under warranty - there's less than 7000 miles on the bike. Will take a week or two to get the rotors so I'll have to limit my riding, I guess. That's all.
T-Rex

I voted Engine Problem because no other option describes the dreaded "paint can rattle" which turns out to be the cam chain and its guides.

Are you talking about the noise you hear in neutral with the clutch lever released? Is it a problem?

Transmission problem!:mad: Pulled up to a stop light on the way home tonight. Was at almost a complete stop and in first gear, with the clutch lever completely depressed, the bike suddenly lurched forward and stalled. Just like the clutch cable broke. The problem is inside the tranny!

I would like to resubmit my answer to this poll....
The bike does not run fine. I have had 2 coolant leaks (different causes, first was a bad hose, second is currently being looked at), right side panel fell off, passenger floorboard came partially detached, neutral light is out, horn does not work, and the bridgestone was a P.O.S. tire to put on that bike. And, the bike is a ***** to get into neutral most days, also a pain to get into second on occassion. :mad:

there, I fell better now :)

Back