• Alignment or balance issues

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Other Mechanical problem

Votes: 25 6.8%
  • No Problems... bike runs fine

Votes: 169 45.8%

• Total voters
TPS at 22,000
Broke the clutch lifter shaft banging into 4th at 125 my bag bad adjustment!
Still waitng on Walts shim report!!!!

love her!!!
I force feed her and she responds like a she devil:D

My "other" problem was a bad radiator cap. Pretty minor and the repair manager came out and fixed it right away.

Ooops, I lied. I had a bad one two. Got little puddles from the overflow tube in the garage. The dealer exchanged the radiator cap and it hasn't overflowed since.

alignment problems

I have 2006 classic that pulls to the left when i let go of the bars. It also eats the right side of the front tire. I looked in the manual, and it looks like this could be adjusted by changing torque on frame bolts. Any input on this would be very welcome ! Thanks......trumpete

Output Shaft Bearing

I only had 2,000k's on mine and had to have the bearing replaced 7 weeks in the shop. They replaced all the updated parts but didn't have to replace the head gasket. With 5,000k"s I have had the head gasket replaced, I don't know what else he did to it but it goes great now. Looking forward now not the past hoping to have trouble free riding from this point on.

First 12,000 miles (2 years) - - No problems. Last 6 months have more than made up for that.

Started slipping/popping in second gear while under moderate acceleration. Within a couple months, second gear broke loose and punched a hole in the engine casing three days before warranty expired. Casing replaced and 2008 upgrade kit installed. Three months in the shop.

3 days after getting the bike back, second gear completely failed to mesh at all. Took it back for rework. Dealer claimed Triumph sent them the wrong second gear in the upgrade kit. Triumph disputes this claim. Second gear replaced and picked up the bike 2 months later.

Went to pickup the bike and the radiator was leaking coolant. Didn't even leave the dealer. Stayed in the shop for another week. Leaking radiator hose or loose hose clamp.

Within 2 days of getting the bike bike back, the second gear popping issue is back again - - even under very light acceleration. Back to the dealer yesterday. Triumph will continue the good will work, but insists that the engine be torn down to investigate what they believe is simply an adjustment issue. Dealer's story and the warranty repair order at Triumph HQ do not match.

And so we wait again. Triumph does not consider this to be a lemon law issue. A court will have to decide that.

I believe this is a fixable problem. My dealer just can't get it right.

Time to rate and identify our mechanics??

Maybe its time to rate the best of mechanics and identify where they hang out...might be a good thing to have when making the big run??

Freightbusting no more.....

Got my Rocket July 2004. She has about 65,000 on her. The engine has been pulled twice. First for a lower bearing and then again on a bearing on the crank. Triumph footed the bill for both failures, even tho the second engine pull the bike was out of warrenty. Lost a cylinder once on electrical problem, which was qucikly fixed with a new part.

The Rocket has been a great bike and I hope to get another cross country trip or two out of her, before I turn her over.

Freddie

No major problems, just a couple of minor issues fixed under warranty and a couple of others I took care of myself.

- Idle issue done under warranty (did a TuneBoy retune later to compensate for the exhaust and intake mods)
- Noisy PCV under warranty
- Fuel gauge inaccuracy I fixed while I had the tank off for the triple K&Ns
- Speedo error taken care of with TuneBoy

'Course, I only have 1,900 miles on it (already seeing a bit of 'squaring' on the rear tire. Need to find some twisties!). Stupid deployments, wrecking my riding...

Back