Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Alignment or balance issues

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Other Mechanical problem

Votes: 25 6.8%
  • No Problems... bike runs fine

Votes: 169 45.8%

• Total voters
we'll have to send this to triumph when we close the poll.

Question: so does anyone think the dealer has anything to do with some of these issues, or are these bike manufacturing issues, an assembly line worker first thing monday with a hangover forgetting to put locktight on the shifter bolt in the tranny, or a basic design flaw... or a dealer set up that might be contributing?

cheers
geo

LOL... at least somebody got it...

wow.. so far it looks like less than 50% of the Rockets off the assembly line actually run without problems... hmmm..... i'll have to watch that youtube video again and see if I can find any of the workers napping on the job at the factory.

cheers
geo

Yes, but some of the Rocket problems are like mine. Mine is now over 4 years old with 39,000 miles. I would expect a problem or two after some age and miles are piled on.

The first problem I've had that is listed is the TPS problem and that didn't start up until very recently. The only other problem I've had was loose head stock bearings, which I took care of myself.

I have had a primary TPS replaced, clutch cable replaced and then major clutch failure, which happened out of warranty but Triumph gave me the parts and I fixed it myself with the stronger, upgraded parts. Lucille and I will have been together three years [32k miles] in a couple of weeks, and like Jamie and his Green Meanie, I am still in love.

I have had some sort of problem with every bike I have owned the honda every time the bike got wet the gauges would short out this happened about 5 times before I gave up then again it only showed about 500 miles when I sold it. the Kaw had a problem where it died on me heading to a poker run right in front of the shop every problem a minor issue with me was covered all be it a pain something has got to go wrong there is no question about it.

Back